I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #FoodDeservesDelicious #CollectiveBias
One of the most common pregnancy “cravings”, at least we’re all told, is pickles and ice cream. I don’t know about you, but I never craved that combo. With Afton, I was all about red velvet anything and chicken kiev, and with Delaney I was all about cheese in a can. When I was pregnant with Vivienne, all I wanted was a big bowl of Beijing beef, and with Charlotte I hated all food in general. No pickles here, and no ice cream either, so the thought of the two of them together was a big N.O. But I do know a few people who swore by the combo, and since it’s such a prevalent tale, I thought it would be fun to whip up an all-taste-buds-approved Pickles and Ice Cream snack that would be perfect for a baby shower! Essentially, I made fried pickles with ranch dip, but I took Kraft Pourables, which have been reinvented with a new, better taste, and froze it, then scooped it out so it would look like little piles of ice cream. Now you can use your Kraft dressings for more than just delicious salad recipes!
Fried Pickles with Ranch Dip
- 1 Pint Sliced Dill Pickles
- 1/2 Cup Pickle Juice
- 1 Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 2/3 Cup + 1 Tbsp Flour, Divided
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- Pinch of Salt
- Canola Oil, for Frying
- Kraft Pourables Ranch Dressing, for Dipping
- Drain the pickles, reserving 1/2 cup of the pickle juice, then lay the pickle slices out on paper towels to blot off excess juice. In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup pickle juice, egg, and 1 tablespoon of flour. Whisk well to combine and set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the remaining flour, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and salt, then stir to blend well.
- In batches, dip the pickle slices in the egg mixture, gently tapping off the excess liquid. Then dredge in the flour-spice blend, again tapping to remove excess coating. In a medium saucepan, add oil to the depth of about 1-inch. Heat the oil over medium to medium-high heat. Fry the pickles in batches until golden-brown, about 4-5 minutes each. Transfer briefly to paper-towel lined rack. Serve warm with ranch dressing for dipping.
As a double-plus bonus, I’ve included some printables of the cupcake wrappers I used for this party! There are three color themes, yellow, coral, and aquamarine, to cover the girl, boy, and neutral color schemes, so you can download one, or all. These printables are for personal use only, please. Download them at the bottom of this post.
These fried pickles with ranch dip will make your party the talk of the town, and are sure to become a baby shower staple, so have fun, have a party, and celebrate a big win with delicious Kraft Pourables, like the Classic Ranch; now creamier with more buttermilk and savory herbs. Find them in the dressings aisle at your local Walmart!
Yellow Arrows | Coral Arrows | Aquamarine Arrows