This post is sponsored by Cost Plus World Market, but my love of movies and food is all my own!
I don’t know about you guys, but I love a good movie. I especially love a good movie that revolves around food.
That doesn’t surprise you at all, does it?
Now that I am surrounded by my husband’s family, I am hoping to have some help so that I can get to the theater without the kids to watch The Hundred-Foot Journey, which is based on the best-selling novel by Richard C. Morais and stars the award-winning Helen Mirren!
In The Hundred-Foot Journey, Hassan Kadam (played by Manish Dayal) is a culinary ingénue with the gastronomic equivalent of perfect pitch. Displaced from their native India, the Kadam family, led by Papa (Om Puri), settles in the quaint village of Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val in the south of France. Filled with charm, it is both picturesque and elegant – the ideal place to settle down and open an Indian restaurant, Maison Mumbai. That is, until the chilly chef proprietress of Le Saule Pleureur, a Michelin-starred, classical French restaurant run by Madame Mallory (Helen Mirren), gets wind of it.
I’m excited about it, and it opens on August 8th! Woo!
In case you couldn’t tell, the movie full of amazing French food and Indian food, and it has inspired many wonderful recipes already. In celebration, Cost Plus World Market has teamed up with celebrity chefs Ryan Scott, and Aarti Sequeira to bring you some special, inspired-by recipes for you to enjoy!
French Cuisines (created by Ryan Scott)
- Berry-Ricotta Crepe Layer Cake
- Chicken Roulade Provençale with Whole-Grain Mustard Bearnaise
- Orange-Chocolate Almond-Nougat Champagne Trifle
- Channa Masala Hummus
- Masala Moules Frites
- Chai Coconut Ice Cream with Curry-Chocolate & Ginger Snap Ripple
You can check out the full recipes HERE!
- A trip for 2 to Paris courtesy of Delta Vacations®
- Dinner at the Eiffel Tower and Cruise
- City excursions
- One day private cooking class at Le Cordon Bleu Paris
- $1,000 World Market gift card
- Plus, 3 First Prizes: $500 World Market gift
- Sweepstakes ends August, 15th, 2014