This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WeekNightHero #CollectiveBias
Everyone who knows me, knows I have a vast love for all things ground beef. Any way I can have it, you can bet I will be having it. Enchilada pasta, lasagna bowls, gyros, and meatballs, like these Mexican Meatballs, just make dinner great. Little delicious balls of amazing, I normally serve them with a side of salsa, but I thought it would be fun to try them a different way, so I simmered them in some Campbell’s Soup for Easy Cooking in Mexican Style Tomato and I am soooooooo glad I did!
What I love about this dinner is that it packs a ton of flavor while still being simple enough to get on the table in 30 minutes! Using Campbell’s Mexican Style Tomato, the meatballs develop a deep spiced flavor that’ll leaving you wishing you didn’t have to wait those 30 minutes to eat, it smells so delicious!
The longest process in this recipe is just rolling all those meatballs together. I added a smattering of onion, garlic, cilantro, and seasonings, as well as whisked egg, which acts as a binder, keeping those little balls of yum together. Roll them and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake, then pop them in the prepared skillet with Campbell’s Mexican Style Tomato, beef broth, and zucchini and let simmer until you can’t stand it any longer, then enjoy!
Mexican MeatballsPrint Pin Rate
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 2 Eggs whisked
- 1 C Onion minced
- 1/2 C Cilantro chopped
- 1 Serrano Pepper fine diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves grated
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Dash Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Container Campbell's Mexican Style Tomato
- 2 C Beef Broth
- 1 Large Zucchini quartered and sliced thin
- 1 C Queso Fresco for garnish
- Cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, onion, cilantro, serrano, garlic, cumin, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Roll into two inch balls and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 mins.
- While the meatballs are baking, prep a large fry pan with the beef broth and Campbell's Mexican Style Tomato, heat to boiling. Once boiling, add the zucchini and reduce to a simmer and allow to cook, uncovered.
- When the meatballs come out of the oven, transfer them to the fry pan with the sauce and allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Dish into bowls and top with the Queso Fresco and cilantro.
Grab a coupon for 75 cents off one Campbell’s Soup for Easy Cooking at Walmart! Valid until 4/13/15, then hit up Walmart so you can get cooking!
Visit Campbell’s on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!