Easy Hummus Recipe
Throw away the storebought stuff and whip up the creamiest easy hummus recipe around! Ready in just 15 minutes, grab your favorite pita and dig into this delicious dish today!
- 2 15 oz each canned chickpeas drained, liquid reserved
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½-3/4 cup reserved chickpea liquid or more as desired
Place drained chickpeas in a small pot and cover completely with water. Stir in baking soda and bring to a full boil. Allow to boil for 10 minutes then remove from heat and drain water completely.
Place boiled chickpeas in a food processor, then add the tahini, fresh lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Add ½ cup of the reserved canned chickpea liquid and process until smooth, around 5 minutes. Add more chickpea liquid as needed to reach desired creaminess. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- swap lemon juice with lime juice for a citrus twist
- add your favorite flavors, such as red bell pepper paste, olives, sun-dried tomatoes
- be sure to use the highest-quality tahini you can source, cold-pressed is best
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 680mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 17IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg