Herby Red Bell Pepper Baked Frittata Recipe
Packed with fresh red bell peppers, a variety of fresh herbs, and buffalo mozzarella, this easy baked frittata recipe comes together in a single skillet! Perfect for breakfast or brunch, this egg dish is simple to customize and loved by all!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 small red bell peppers seeded and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- kosher salt to taste
- cracked pepper to taste
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella torn into chunks
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup fresh curly parsley chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon TABASCO® Sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add the canola oil. Add the red onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, around 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and briefly toss with the onions and peppers, then let sit and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, mozzarella, herbs, and TABASCO® Sauce. Whisk vigorously until mixture is frothy, then pour into the skillet and gently stir to distribute evenly over the vegetables. Sprinkle once more with salt and pepper and place in the oven to bake for 23-25 minutes, or until golden on top and set in the center. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- feel free to swap out vegetables for whatever you have on hand, such as zucchini, squash, eggplant, and swiss chard
- add basil, dill, or tarragon as desired instead of cilantro, parsley, and chives
- you can also use goat cheese or shredded pepper jack instead of fresh mozzarella
- depending on the ripeness of the tomatoes, you may find some liquid present on the top of the frittata after baking. This is normal, and depending on the amount, may reabsorb into the dish as it sits, or can be dabbed off with a paper towel.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 198mg | Sodium: 217mg | Potassium: 292mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1490IU | Vitamin C: 43mg | Calcium: 125mg | Iron: 2mg