Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Ready in just 15 minutes, this Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta features swirls of luscious ricotta blended with garlic and red bell peppers for a sauce that puts tomatoes to shame! Served with a combination of tagliatelle pasta and zucchini noodles, this simple dinner is both filling and delicious.
- 4 roasted red bell peppers peeled and seeded
- 2 cups whole milk ricotta
- 7 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 lb tagliatelle pasta
- 4 medium zucchini spiralized
- 2 cups fresh basil chiffonade
- parmesan for serving
Add the roasted red peppers, ricotta, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, red pepper flakes, and kosher salt to a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Transfer sauce to a pot and heat on medium-low until hot but not simmering.
Prepare tagliatelle pasta as directed on the package. Drain well once cooked and transfer to a large bowl. Add the spiralized zucchini and red pepper sauce and toss gently to combine, then fold in the fresh basil. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan and enjoy!
- Cut the zucchini into chunks rather than only cutting off the ends, this will ensure you don't end up with ridiculously long strands of zucchini noodles.
- You can roast red bell peppers as I do for my pepper paste, or over the open flame of a gas cooktop, which is a super fast way to get it done. If you're in a pinch, you can use jarred roasted red peppers (you'll need two jars minimum, however, which can get expensive), just drain them very well before using.
- Ramp up the heat by adding more red pepper flakes!
- If you don't have any zucchini on-hand, you can absolutely use all tagliatelle instead.
Calories: 766kcal | Carbohydrates: 98g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 2635mg | Potassium: 1164mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 2548IU | Vitamin C: 93mg | Calcium: 408mg | Iron: 5mg