There are few things better to start out a Bacon Month, than a big, beautiful Avocado Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich!
Holla atcha bacon! Word.
I swear to you this sandwich isn’t burnt. It’s the lighting. I am in the middle of a very annoying move, that happened unexpectedly, due to health problems with a couple of my girls. So I am working with what I have, and that toast is perfectly toasted, just in some shadow making it look at burned and dumb.
It’s deliciously perfect. I mean, it has bacon, so how can it not be perfect?
The ingredients are very simple too. Just some cheese, some avocado, tomatoes, and a giant pile of bacon bacon bacon bacon!
If you are following along in my bacon shenanigans, you can find three different giveaways going on, as well as so many bacon-centric recipes it will make your brain spin. Bacon Jam, anyone? Or how about some bacon jam grilled cheese?!
Clearly, I love bacon in my grilled cheese. It’s a no-brainer.
Check out today’s amazing recipes from my Bacon Month crew!
|| Bourbon-Bacon Slaw from Bread Booze Bacon
|| Steak with Bourbon Glaze & Bacon from It Is A Keeper
|| Bacon Bourbon Caramel Cheesecake from Kleinworth & Co.
|| Avocado Bacon Grilled Cheese from A Simply Pantry
|| Champagne Miso Bacon from Nomageddon
|| Bacon S’Mores Martini from Forking Up
|| Elvis Trifle with Bacon from Love Bakes Good Cakes
|| Bacon Hot Fudge Sauce from A Dash of Sanity
|| Apple Pancetta Waffles with Bourbon Cider Syrup from Cooking in Stilettos
Are you ready to get your bacon on? I know I sure am! Gimme all that delicious bacon, yes please!
- 2 Slices Country White Bread
- 2 Tbsp Butter, softened
- ¾ C Shredded Monterey Jack and Colby Jack Cheese, mixed
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- ½ C Grape Tomatoes, sliced
- 8 Slices of Bacon
- Cook the bacon as preferred until crispy. Allow to drain on paper towels.
- Butter one side of a slice of bread. On the unbuttered side, add ¼ cup of the cheese, followed by 4 strips of bacon and the avocado. Add another ¼ cup of the cheese, then add the tomatoes and the other 4 strips of bacon. Finish with the remaining cheese and add the last slice of bread, buttered, with the buttered side facing out.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat and add the sandwich, allowing to grill on one side for about 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown and the cheese has melted. Flip the sandwich and repeat. Serve immediately.