My favorite season has arrived and I am giddy with anticipation. Surrrriously. There are white lights still hanging out on my table all lit up and I look over them and actually giggle. I am such a child. Totally OK with that. But it isn’t Christmas itself that inspired these amazingly amazing Cake Mix Cookie Bar Sandwiches.
It’s my all-time fave gas station cookie sandwiches. I could kill for one. I am crazy like that. But now that I realized I am dumb and can totally make some myself…well, you see where I’m going with this, yes?
Also, you can clearly see why twinkle lights are still on my table. If you haven’t been all up in my snaps, you should, because I share behind the scenes goodies, as well as the crazy random stuff I do, which is apparently a lot since I discovered all the cool filters and stuff. Thanks, Ange, for getting me addicted to snap on a whole new level. Super appreciate it, lol.
Oh yeah, my snap is @asimplepantry. Go. Now. Enjoy.
In the meantime, let’s talk about these cake mix cookie bar sandwiches. I headed over to Walmart and picked up all the goodies I needed for this treat! I used the new Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix, as well as the Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting. Things get a little wild here, though, because I totally threw in some M&M’s® White Peppermint and Holiday Milk Chocolate, which added a delicious minty and chocolate-y flavor. It was awesome!
Instead of using water in these bars, I went with some Great Value Milk, which, did you know, is missing from the diets of many hungry children and families around the country, because milk is generally not donated to food banks? Once upon a time, this was something I knew intimately. If you head over to pourmilklove.com and make a small donation, The Great American Milk Drive will deliver a gallon of milk to a family in need in your community. You can also help out by heading to your local Walmart and purchase 2 bags of M&M’s®, one gallon of milk will be donated as well! Please do, because over 46 million people rely on food banks, including 1 in 6 children, and milk is the one of the most requested items, but is almost never available, to the tune of a single gallon per person, per year. Let that holiday spirit thrive for your community!
Cake Mix Cookie Bar SandwichesPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Boxes Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Cake Mix
- 1/2 C French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1/2 C Canola Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4-1 C Great Value Milk
- 1/2 C M&M's® White Peppermint
- 1/2 C M&M's® Holiday Milk Chocolate
- 1 Can Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Holiday Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 9x13 inch pans, then line with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang to pull the bars out after baking. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, pudding mix, canola oil, eggs, and milk and stir gently to combine. Batter will be thick. Stir in the M&M's®, then divide the batter between the two pans, pressing the batter down into the pan and corners until even. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown on top, rotating pans halfway through baking if necessary.
- Allow bars to cool for 15 minutes, then remove from pans and set on racks to cool completely. Once cool, spread the frosting across the top of one layer of bars, from edge to edge, then lay the second layer of bars on top. Cut into squares and enjoy!