I am just sitting here at my desk, listening to two of my girls fight over one of 124639 toys, while the other two watch the latest MLP season on Netflix. It’s a normal evening around here when it’s too hot to venture outside without bursting into flames. But me, I’m enjoying the amazing fresh produce of summer that I plopped right on into this Peach Mango Bundt Cake.
Now, I must admit, I am kind of doing it secretly. Like, it’s hiding in my desk drawer and I sneakily open it and take a bite, then close it before anyone notices. Because if they notice, it’s open season on muh cake, and I want to be sure to actually get a slice this time. Punks always eating my cake, I swear it!
Can I mention how this cake is essentially a doubleplus bonus, because I used Silk Non-Dairy Yogurt, which has six grams of plant-powered protein, and Silk Almond Milk, which has no cholesterol, saturated fat, and double the calcium of dairy milk? You can have your cake and eat it too, my friends. Even for breakfast. Cause that’s just how I roll.
One thing I learned, though, is that bundt cake pans can come in different sizes. I’m not talking about mini-bundt vs. full bundt, but apparently, depending on the brand, your pan could be a little more shallow, or a little less wide, or both. I used a 10 inch pan for my cake, so please be aware that if you have a smaller pan, you could have overflow if you use all of the batter. Just something to keep in mind, my friends. Oven accidents are no joke!
Peach Mango Bundt Cake
For the Cake:
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 C Peaches
- 1/4 C Water
- 1 C Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt cake pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt, then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter until light and fluffy, around 5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at time, mixing thoroughly before each addition. Stir in the almond milk.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and yogurt, stirring until just combined each time.
- Add the peaches and mango and stir gently to combine. Pour the mixture into the bundt cake pan, then place in the oven.
- Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan, then allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Add the peaches and water to a blender and pulse until smooth. Slowly add the mixture to the powdered sugar, in a small bowl, until it reaches a desired consistency. Drizzle over cake, and enjoy!