This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Chocolate4TheWin #CollectiveBias
You guys. Football. It’s here! I love football season, like crazy love. In fact, last year, I joined my first ever Fantasy Football league and I was insanely competitive. I was checking my roster every.single.day. and getting advice from my avid FF leaguers. I almost won my league, too, it was so close. So close. But yeah, football season? Amazing. Kind of like my Snickers cereal bars. Also amazing. When it comes to a great dessert recipe for game day, this one, right here, will blow you away. And if you are in the mood for a great drink to go with my Snickers crave bars, you need to try my Pumpkin Spice Latte!
I like to start out with a giant pile of Snickers, obviously, so I ran out to Sam’s Club and picked up a 48ct. box of Snickers bars and a large variety bag of fun sized Mars candies. Hey, I go big or go home, we cater to crowds on game day, after all. I chopped up enough Snickers bar to get a good four cups of delicious goodness.
I mixed up the chopped Snickers with some chocolate-filled multi-grain cereal, melted marshmallows and butter and went to town. Stirring it all together is my fave part. It might have something to do with eating all the hot, gooey mess. So good.
I patted it all down in a greased up glass dish, then covered it in melt-y, drool-worthy, chocolate and peanut butter. I had a hard time refraining from pouring it straight into my mouth. I have issues, I know.
What really makes this recipe for me is using a cereal other than standard corn flakes, or chex cereal. I went for the holy grail and grabbed chocolate-filled multi-grain cereal, and wow, does it ever add a new dimension of flavor and texture. There is nothing boring about these Snickers cereal bars. Nothing at all. You can’t have boring on game day. No sir.
Yeah, that’s right, I said it. #BOOM.
Snickers Crave Bars
- 4 C Snickers Coarsely Chopped
- 5 C Chocolate-filled Multi-grain Cereal
- 10 oz Plain Marshmallows
- 5 Tbsp Butter
- 2 1/2 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 C Peanut Butter
- In a large, microwave safe bowl, melt the marshmallows and butter on LOW for about 6 minutes, stirring halfway through, until smooth.
- Add the chopped Snickers and Cereal and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop into a greased up 13x9 inch baking dish, and press down with a buttered spatula or fingers.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and peanut butter on LOW for about 3 minutes, until no longer lumpy. Pour over the cereal bars and smooth out with a spoon or spatula.
- Allow to set for several hours before cutting and eating. For faster setting, place in the fridge or freezer, covered, until hard.
Head on over to Sam’s Club and pick up some Snickers for your next dessert recipe today!