Are you guys ready for some more bacon? I know I am! If this is your first time here, then you need to know we’re celebrating Bacon Month and I’m totally bringing you all the bacon awesomeness I possible can. Check out my first bacon post, then head on over to the announcement post and enter the giveaway!
Next up on our list of bacon awesomeness are these Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers! Look at that shiny crispy glazed bacon. Is it just me, or is it calling your name? Listen carefully…see! It totally is!
They want to be in your belly. Right meow.
You can grill these, or use a grill pan inside, which is what I did because it was 105 with a 115 heat index and I was like nope. Just nope. All the nope.
But the trick to grilling these, to ensure a crispy outside with a tender, juicy inside, is to not set the temperate too high. I cooked these at just over medium heat and they came out perfect. Lovely crispy caramelized bacon with juicy tender chicken inside. It was like a party in my mouth and all the flavors were invited.
Regardless of how you decide to cook these, if you’re using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them beforehand so they don’t turn into charred pieces of death. Nobody likes that. It’s less skewer-y and more ewwie. 30 minutes will do you just fine. Are you ready to make these Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers? Because I sure am!
Make sure you check out these amazing recipes being shared today by other awesome ladies who are participating in Bacon Month with me!
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Skewers
- 2 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- 3/4 lb. Bacon
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Cut the chicken breast into uniform chunks, around 2 inches each. Mix together the salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then sprinkle over the chicken and pat down.
- Lay a strip of bacon over a cutting board, take a chunk of chicken, then wrap it in bacon starting from one end. Once the chicken is completely covered with bacon, cut the bacon. Put the bacon wrapped chicken on a skewer, through the bacon, so that it doesn't fall off. Repeat until all the chicken and bacon has been used.
- Mix together the brown sugar, chili powder, and cayenne pepper. Lay the skewers out side by side on a baking sheet, then begin sprinkling the brown sugar mix over the skewers, patting down to get it all over the bacon and chicken. Flip the skewers and repeat.
- Heat a grill pan to medium, medium high heat, and brush down with oil to prevent the skewers from sticking. Places the skewers on the pan and cook for 6 minutes on one side, then flip over and continue to cook for another 6 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is completely cooked to a temperature of 165 degrees. Serve immediately!