We are getting our pork on, thanks to Smithfield! All recipes and opinions are my own, so enjoy, and thank you for supporting the sponsors who support A Simple Pantry!
You guys. Can I gush over these Teriyaki Pork Wonton Tacos? They are droolworthy delicious; please let me count the ways.
- Crispy fried wonton shells
- Pineapple salsa
- Homemade Asian-style dressing
- Crunchy veggies
- Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Tenderloin in Teriyaki
Easily my favorite thing about this recipe, however, is that it is mainly leftovers from my teriyaki pork with pineapple salsa!
Seriously! All I had to do for this recipe was fry up the wonton shells and whip up the dressing for the veggies. Easy peasy.
I am so in love with this pork tenderloin because there are no surprises. I was able to reheat it with ease, then slice it up and stuff it right into the wonton tacos. There was barely any moisture loss involved, which is awesome!
I always recommend that if you reheat foods in a microwave, to do so at a lower power level. There is nothing worse than hard, dry chunks of meat from a full-power reheat. So do it slowly. When using the microwave, I tend to reheat for three minutes on power level 3 or so, then stir, flip, rearrange, whatever, and continue to reheat on the same settings until nice and hot.
- Fill a small pot with one inch of oil and set it to medium, medium-high heat. Once hot, add a single wonton wrapper and coat with oil, then lift one corner with tongs to allow half of the wonton to crisp. Flip the wonton over and allow the other side to crisp up into a taco shape. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil and repeat with remaining wonton wrappers.
- Reheat the leftover pork tenderloin and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the cabbage, carrots, and bean sprouts. Whisk together the soy sauce, canola oil, lime juice, sesame oil, honey and avocado crema in a small bowl, then add to the cabbage mix and toss gently to combine.
- Divide the heated pork between the wonton taco shells, then top with the cabbage mixture and pineapple salsa. Garnish with lime wedges and serve immediately.