Tie-dye is all the rage this year, but have you discovered that it can be translated over to food? Tie-Dye Yogurt Smoothie Bowls are bold, beautiful, and absolutely delicious, plus they’re actually pretty simple to make! With my favorite So Delicious Pairings Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative, some vegan food coloring, and time to spare, creating edible art is the perfect respite from the chaos of everyday life.
Why Make This DIY Tie-Dye Bowl
The easiest answer is that it’s waaaaaaaaaaay simpler to create than tie-dye clothing, ha! And you can eat it when you’re done!
If you need an escape from the mayhem of everyday life, sitting down to create the bright, swirling patterns is therapeutic.
How To Make A Tie-Dye Yogurt Smoothie Bowl
Start by grabbing your favorite So Delicious Pairings, I used the Spiced Blueberry, for the base of your tie-dye bowl.
- Grab a second container of either plain or vanilla So Delicious yogurt alternative to tint with vegan food coloring
- Fill small squirt bottles with the plain or vanilla yogurt alternative, a few drops of coloring, and shake to combine
- Draw thin, colorful lines in rows across the Spiced Blueberry yogurt alternative in the bowl
- Use a toothpick to pull the colors through each other for fun shapes and tie-dye designs
- Garnish with fresh fruits and the almond-granola mixture from the Pairings container and enjoy
Tips and Tricks
If you don’t have little squirt bottles, you can accomplish the tie-dye ribbons by:
- Utilizing small kitchen prep bowls (I recommend glass so they don’t stain) to mix colors
- Grab a small spoon with a more pointed tip versus rounded to gently place each color-line
If you don’t have a toothpick, you can use:
- Pointed BBQ skewers
- Butter knife
- Fork tines
- Spoon edge
Dairy Free Your Mind with amazing edible art when you whip up a tie-dye smoothie bowl, whether for breakfast, a midday snack, an elevated brunch, or just to escape the craziness of living in 2020, this tasty dish is worth the effort with fantastic deliciousness!
Grab a coupon to try one (or all!) of the So Delicious Dairy Free Yogurt Pairings today!
Tie-Dye Yogurt Smoothie Bowl
- 1 5.3 oz Container So Delicious Dairy Free Spiced Blueberry Pairings Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
- 1 5.3 oz Container So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Coconutmilk Yogurt Alternative
- Vegan Food Coloring 3-5 colors
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup fresh mango diced
- In a small bowl, spoon the So Delicious Spiced Blueberry yogurt in an even layer.
- Divide the plain yogurt between small bowls or squirt bottles, then tint with vegan coloring to to create a desired color palette. Gently squirt or spoon each color into a thin line across the top of the blueberry yogurt, then draw through the color layers with a toothpick to create lines or swirls or various fun patterns.
- Garnish tie-dye bowl with fresh blueberries and chopped mango, then sprinkle with the almond-granola mixture from the Pairings container and enjoy!