This blog post is sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® but the opinions and recipes are all my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who support A Simple Pantry! #GameTimeGrilling
Hands up if you love football! YAS. Now, hands up if you love some great game day BBQ?! Fo realz, that is what I’ve got for you here today, some absolutely thrilling BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders!
What I love most about this recipe is the versatility. You can make this outside on the grill, or if the weather isn’t cooperating, you can make it inside in a snap!
The only heat I love is the heat of the grill. And since we all know how hot it can be in Texas (dood, it’s fall already, cool off!), I ended up making this inside to save my sanity. The same cooking principals apply to making this on the grill, especially if you are like every Texan in Texas who owns a super awesome grill.
The funny thing is that after I hit up my local HEB to grab my KING’S HAWAIIAN® bread and BBQ sauce, and put these bad boys together, my husband’s first comment was how perfect they would be for game day.
If that isn’t a personal touchdown, I dunno what is. I rule.
I went with the original KING’S HAWAIIAN® Rolls and Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce for this recipe, and the flavor is just spectacular. There’s some chopped sweet yellow onion and bacon in there, of course, as well as some Monterey Jack cheese.
This is the type of recipe that can feed a crowd, so invite the crew over, and be sure to stock up on all the game day essentials at HEB so you aren’t caught missing anything important! Save even more time and money with HEB’s Combo Loco deals!
When it comes to prepping this on the grill, you can either bring the pans out, or go with the foil method. Start with the bacon and onion in foil, then mix them into crumbled ground beef, put it back into foil on the grill until browned, stir in the BBQ sauce and cheese, then spread it over the rolls on a new foil, add the rest of the cheese, then slather the buns with butter, cover with more foil and let get hot and melty and zomg delicious.
It’s perfection on a roll. In my mouth. Hallelujah!
Don’t forget the creamy avocado slaw!
- 6 Slices Bacon chopped
- 1 ½ C Sweet Yellow Onion finely diced
- 2 lb Ground Beef
- 2 tsp Cracked Peppercorns
- 3 C Monterey Jack Cheese divided
- 1 Bottle KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Sweet Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- 2 Packages KING'S HAWAIIAN® Original Rolls
- 3 Tbsp Butter melted
- ½ Head of Cabbage shredded
- 1 Very Ripe Avocado
- ¼ C Sour Cream
- Juice from ½ Lime
- Kosher Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the chopped bacon and let it cook until the fat begins to render and the bacon begins to crisp up, around 3 minutes. Add the onion and continue to cook until softened and slightly translucent, around 3 additional minutes.
- Add the ground beef and cook, crumbling as it cooks, until browned, around 5 minutes. Drain excess grease, then season with pepper.
- Reduce heat to low, then add 1 cup of the cheese, as well as the KING'S HAWAIIAN® BBQ Sauce, then stir to combine.
- Cut the KING'S HAWAIIAN® Rolls in half, then place the bottom half on a greased baking sheet. Add the meat mixture, then top with the remaining cheese and place the top half of the rolls. Coat the tops with the melted butter, then place in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the rolls are golden brown and the cheese has melted.
- While the sliders are in the oven, place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl. Mash together the avocado and sour cream in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in the lime juice and season with salt, then add the mixture to the shredded cabbage and toss to combine. Add a spoonful of the slaw to each slider and serve immediately.
Share your photo and tag @asimplepantry or #asimplepantry!
Love Bakes Good Cakes says
And now, I’m hungry!! 😀 This sounds awesome, Karly!
Thank you so much, Jamie! That means a lot coming from you! <3