File these delightful keto fat bombs under breakfast recipes worth every decadent bite. Whip up these breakfast bacon fat bombs and get your keto on today!
They sound weird, and seem weird, and when I first heard of fat bombs I was like whaaaaaaaaaaat is this?!
But I was mostly thinking about eating butter straight. Yeah.
But clearly we aren’t talking about biting into a stick of butter, oh no, we are talking about something altogether amazing.
Because duh, we are still hanging out in Bacon Month, the land of awesome bacon awesomeness, and what better way to talk about these little nuggets of goodness than with bacon?!
These delish balls of delight are an inspired work, mostly because a friend of mine, Stephanie, is a sort of upbeat Keto goddess. She’s amazing, you would love her.
Anyway, that is how I first found out about the thing known as a “fat bomb.”
What IS A Fat Bomb, Anyway?!
In general, a fat bomb is a tasty blob of, you guessed it, fat!
- Aim for 85% fat content
- The best bases are butter, coconut oil, or cream cheese
- Add low-carb goodies for flavor and texture
- Mold, chill or freeze, and enjoy for breakfast, snack, or post-workout
And while chocolate fat bombs are the most popular, I definitely prefer to reach for something savory, especially in the morning.
In my research of the illustrious little fat nugget, I happened on this recipe and fell in love. But I wanted something more than just regular bacon and eggs in ball form. So I got a little creative, and incorporated a few extra ingredients for a little Mexican flare!
I threw in some avocado, a serrano pepper, and cilantro to round out these fat bombs and voila! Deliciousness achieved! So if you follow a keto or paleo diet, or just enjoy a delicious breakfast snack that is packed full of the good fats, then this recipe is the one for you.
More Breakfast Recipes And Bacon Noms
|| Bacon & Egg Breakfast Burritos from Love Bakes Good Cakes
|| Maple Bacon Fudge from Ashlee Marie
|| Breakfast Bacon Fat Bombs from A Simple Pantry
|| Dark Chocolate Bacon Cookies from Forking Up
|| Bacon Thyme Scones with Savory Whipped Ricotta from Cooking in Stilettos
|| Bacon Stuffed Waffles from Around My Family Table
|| Bacon Wrapped Scallops Recipe with Pomegranate Sauce from Bread Booze Bacon
Now, let’s make some breakfast bacon fat bombs, yes?!
- In a large bowl, combine the hardboiled egg, avocado, butter, mayonnaise, serrano pepper, and cilantro. Mash into a smooth paste with a fork or potato smasher. Season with salt and pepper, then add the lime juice and stir.
- Prepare bacon in your favorite fashion until crispy, reserving 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Add the bacon grease to the fat bomb mixture and stir gently. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes, or until the mixture has cooled and can form solid balls. Crumble the bacon into small bits in a small bowl.
- Using a spoon, scoop out 6 even-sized amounts of the fat bomb mixture and form into balls. Add the balls to the bacon bits and roll around until completely covered. Serve immediately.