Today’s Bacon Month post is sponsored by the amazing Lodge and their amazing skillets! All opinions and recipes are my own!
You guys. This Southwestern Bacon BBQ Pizza may easily be the best damn pizza I have ever made.
It might be because of the bacon. And also the the BBQ sauce. Maybe also the amazeballs caramelized onions.
ALL OF THE ABOVE.
This pizza is so tasty, I don’t even care that I went the route of a store-bought pizza dough. Don’t hate, yo, you know I do my own dough, too. Sometimes a girl is just squeezed for time. And it totally worked.
But can we talk about this pan for a second?
But this carbon steel pan is seriously amazing. I am throwing down all sorts of goodies in this pan and it is totally up to the task. Even bacon was a breeze, and you guys know I usually prefer to cook my bacon in the oven.
The heavens hath opened up and sang their praises for this skillet amazingness. Huzzah!
Interested in what the rest of the Bacon Month group has been making? Check out their recipes for today!
|| 20 Minute Potato Wedges from Kleinworth & Co.
|| Triple Pork Breakfast Fatty from Hey Grill, Hey
|| Duck Bacon Lettuce And Tomato from Nomageddon
|| Bacon-Wrapped Ranch Pretzels from Around My Family Table
|| Bacon Berry Salad with Mojito Dressing from It Is A Keeper
|| Hog Wild Sammich from Love Bakes Good Cakes
|| Caramel Bacon Pull Apart Bread from A Dash of Sanity
|| Southwestern Bacon BBQ Pizza from A Simple Pantry
Are you ready to make the most delish BBQ pizza around? YAS.
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Red Onion, sliced thin
- Kosher Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ C Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Pre-Packaged Pizza Dough
- 1 C BBQ Sauce
- 5 Slices Crispy Bacon, crumbled
- ½ C Mozzarella, shredded
- ½ C Colby Jack, shredded
- ½ C Pepperjack, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large 13x9 baking sheet, roll out the pizza dough and stretch to fill the space. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add the butter and allow to melt. Add the red onion and coat in the butter and allow to cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, brown, and fully caramelized. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the ground beef and cook, crumbling, until browned, around 5 minutes.
- Spread the BBQ sauce out over the pizza dough, stopping just before the edges. Distribute the caramelized onions and ground beef evenly over the dough, then sprinkle with the bacon pieces. Mix together the three cheeses and spread evenly over the pizza, then place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown. Remove from oven, allow to sit for a few minutes, then slice and serve.