So I was introduced to this amazing new Greek yogurt from Yoplait, called Plentí, and I am so excited! It’s filled with whole grain oats, plus flax and pumpkin seeds. It’s the perfect snack when my midday hangry pains kick in, or when I decide my breakfast should be Cinnamon Struesel Coffee Cake Muffins.
No guilt here. Nope. Only delicious.
These cinnamon streusel coffee cake muffins are packed with cinnamon goodness, both in the muffins, and in the crumbly, sweet streusel topping. I used a combination of butter and oil to give the muffins a little more cake texture, as opposed to the traditional muffin-y nooks, crannies, and crumby texture. This makes the muffins more reminiscent to my favorite coffee cake, just in happy, bite sized, glazed portions.
But you know, even if I’m not noshing on some cinnamon streusel coffee cake muffins, I can still enjoy the hearty deliciousness of Yoplait Plentí.
In the meantime, let’s make some muffins, shall we?
Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake MuffinsPrint Pin Rate
For the Muffins
For the Streusel Topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, then grease a muffin tin, or line with paper liners. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar, and oil until thoroughly combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until completely incorporated before adding the next. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and milk to the batter, mixing until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop or large spoon, distribute the batter between 12 muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, mash together all of the streusel ingredients with a fork until well mixed.
- Sprinkle about a tbsp of streusel on the top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Combine the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle over muffins. Devour.