I love a simply delicious treat. I don’t know about you guys, but when the summer sun is beating down on my house, it gets HOT, even with the AC cranked up. So turning on the oven is essentially a death sentence, because I do not tolerate heat very well. I have a below average body temperature; I was built for Minnesota living, yo. But even though it’s hot, I still want a treat, or rather, my girls want one. Enter some No Bake Chocolate Cookie Butter Bars and I am officially the best mom EVAR.
Seriously, my kids only love me for my treats. Sad face.
Since I do not own a microwave, I melted my chocolate over the stove, but you can of course use a microwave, just use a lower power setting and stir every thirty seconds so the chocolate doesn’t scorch. It will also keep your house cooler, ha.
As I was making these bars, Vivienne decided she was going to help me unload the dishwasher, and in the process she managed to stuff a square glass into a circular one, and got it so stuck that random tiny chunks of the circular glass started popping off in random directions. We all fear for our lives, because I daren’t throw the whole thing away since the square glass is a whiskey glass beloved by my husband. Such tough decisions in life, I swear. I put a bucket over it to protect us, until I can finally jimmy them apart.
It’s a rough life we live here, I swear. But how about we get back to making some no bake chocolate cookie butter bars, cause I am sure you are dying to start making them yourself!
No Bake Chocolate Cookie Butter Bars
For the Crust
- 8 oz Chocolate Graham Crackers
- 1/2 C Unsalted Butter, melted
- 3/4 C Cookie Butter
For the Chocolate Layer
- 2 C Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 C Cookie Butter
- 1/2 C White Chocolate Chips
- Grease a square pan, then line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the graham crackers and pulse until a fine crumble forms. Add the melted butter and cookie butter and continue to pulse until thoroughly combined and the mixture holds together.
- Dump the mixture into the square pan and press down with the back of a spoon to distribute it evenly and create a smooth surface.
- In a small pot over low heat, combine the chocolate chips and cookie butter, stirring constantly until completely melted. Pour over the crust and smooth with a spatula.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small pot over low heat, then drop small amounts over the chocolate layer. Use the tip of a spoon to stir it around the chocolate layer to create a fun pattern. Place in the fridge for 2 hours, or until firm and set.