This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoodDeservesDelicious #CollectiveBias
I’m back with some more delicious bruschetta today! Yay! If you weren’t yet aware of my love for bruschetta, you should probably check out my Bruschetta Pasta, and Pantry Bruschetta recipes. They will leave you drooling, just like this recipe is about to. Bwah ha ha. What I love about this classic appetizer is that I turned it into a dressing recipe, using Kraft Zesty Italian instead of traditional olive oil to make a stunningly vibrant caprese bruschetta.
The simplicity of this caprese bruschetta makes it a family favorite, as well as a party favorite, since it only takes about 20 minutes to whip up a bulk batch ready for devouring. Definitely do not skip out on the balsamic reduction, which is very simple to make and you can grab the instructions for that here.
When it comes to slicing the mozzarella, make sure you are using a very sharp knife, otherwise the mozzarella will smash. You could purchase pre-sliced mozzarella, which I’ve been known to do from time-to-time, ha ha ha. Consider that a time-saving tip.
Did you know that Kraft Pourables have been reinvented with a new, better taste? Kraft’s Zesty Italian has even more herbs and spices, making it perfect for this recipe with it’s bold flavors to compliment the mild flavor of the fresh mozzarella. You just can’t go wrong with this caprese bruschetta recipe, and I hope you give it a try sometime soon!
Ready to make some delicious caprese bruschetta? Check out the recipe below!
- 1 French Baguette
- 1 1/2 C Kraft Zesty Italian Dressing
- 16 oz Fresh Mozzarella
- 6 Campari Tomatoes
- 1/3 C Fresh Basil
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- Balsamic Reduction for Drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Slice the baguette into 24, 3/4 inch slices. Dip each slice into a shallow dish with the dressing, coating one side, then place on the baking sheet, dressing side up.
- Slice the mozzarella into 24 strips and lay one strip on each slice of bread.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until melted and bubbly.
- While the bread is baking, slice the tomatoes and dice the basil. When the bread is out of the oven, layer each piece with a couple slices of tomato, a pinch of diced basil and a sprinkle of kosher salt. Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and enjoy!
Grab Kraft Pourables in the condiments and dressings aisle at your local Walmart!