When it comes to picking the perfect pear, however, it’s best to use a firmer variety, like Bosc or Anjou. I picked up both, and used the beautiful red Anjou pears for this recipe.
IT WAS DELISH. Like whoa.
You can scoop the cores with a melon baller or a pointy spoon!
One of my favorite things about this recipe, however, is skipping the caramel topping and using some delicious Truvia Nectar instead.
Did you know? Truvia Nectar is a natural stevia-honey sweetener blend! It has all the sweetness of honey, but with half the calories. Holla!
I drizzle my finished Hasselback pears with some Truvia Nectar and it’s just amazeballs.
You can make these any day since they are so easy and take little time at all to make. Plus, they kind of make your house smell so good you might try to eat the scent alone.
Am I the only one who does that?
Whatevs. Edible air should be a thing. It would be amazing. AHMAZING.
Scoop a little bit of ice cream on each Hasselback pear, then top with Truvia Nectar and you have the most nomilicious treat around.
Apples, move over! Your replacement has arrived!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the pears, then slice them in half from top to bottom. Remove the core, then place the pears cut-side down. Slice through the pears at ¼ inch intervals, stopping just before reaching the bottom, leaving the slices connected to each other.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter, then whisk in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Brush the pears with the mixture, pushing some between the slices.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, add the pears, then cover the dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the pears are baking, add the remaining butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, flour, and oats and mix by fingers until well blended.
- Remove the pears from the oven after 25 minutes, then press the streusel mixture into the tops of each pear, working some between the sliced. Return to the oven, uncovered, and bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove pears from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving with ice cream and Truvia Nectar.