Happy Cinco de Mayo, my friends! You know how much we love easy Mexican recipes around here, considering we’re a Mexican family and always on-the-go. Four girls keeping us on our toes fo realz.
Awhile back, I saw a video for pizza fries, and then a video for potato tacos, and I was like WAIT. Why have I not made some damn fine nacho fries?!
I originally called them taco fries, but then my husband, who is the master of unique easy Mexican recipes, was all like, “Karly, this is your specialty. And I’m not talking food, I’m talking about your terrible puns. Call them “not yo” fries. Nacho fries.”
And so it is that we have NOTCHO FRIES.
This is the point in which I mention that I named my router Nacho WiFi because that is the level of pure bliss I get out being puntastically lame.
And then I went to my mom’s house and tried to name hers Nacho WiFi too, but gave up on it after her router went bad and I felt a little too lazy to try fixing it.
Anyway. Nacho fries.
I went with the semi-easy approach of using frozen fries and a jar of salsa, but if you have it in you to make some fresh chile, totally do it. I keep grabbing killer serrano peppers, though, so I went with a jar I knew wouldn’t leave me dialing 911 to save my dumbass from the scorching pain of serrano peppers that are clearly on crack.
I dunno. They say if you make chile while angry, it will end up being ridiculously hot, so maybe they are onto something. The days, they have been trying, to say the least.
These fries are ready in less than 30 minutes and make a great appetizer, or if you double the recipe, can be a full meal. Perfect for today. So get yo Cinco de Mayo on with this, and these other easy Mexican recipes. So much yum to be had!
- 1/2 Bag 14 oz Fast Food Style French Fries
- 1/2 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 3 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 Cups Colby Jack Cheese shredded
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1/4 Cup Crema
- 1/2 Avocado sliced
- Juice from 1/4 Lime
- Handful Cilantro roughly torn
- Prepare fries per package instructions. Once done, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until no longer pink, around 5 minutes. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and remove from heat.
- Pile cooked fries onto the middle of a baking sheet, then top with the taco beef and shredded cheese. Place in the oven and cook until the cheese melts, around 5 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the salsa, crema, avocado, lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately.