A dessert so fancy no one will believe you whipped up this Easy No Bake Blackberry Tart in just minutes! Break away from traditional tarts and enjoy a decadent treat tonight!
It’s time to party like it’s 199…um, 2019?!
I can’t believe we are so quickly approaching the New Year, and a new decade! I feel old sometimes because I don’t go out and party like I used to for the New Year, but if there is one thing I am loving about this stage in my life, it’s being able to host a fanciful gathering without a lot of fuss. We’re ringing in the New Year with style, in the form of the easiest no bake blackberry tart around.
Seriously, it will blow your mind.
Easily the simplest part of the tart, the blackberry puree is just two ingredients:
- Driscoll’s Blackberries
- Each Driscoll’s berry is naturally bred through cross-pollination, which is a technique that has been used for thousands of years. And because of that:
- Driscoll’s picks the top 1% of berry varieties to sell under their name! Pretty great reason to pick them while shopping, I think!
- Did you know? The original package that Driscoll’s berries comes in was specifically designed to optimize air circulation so that each berry stays as fresh as possible – and remember, don’t wash them until just before you eat them!
To make the puree, I simply add the berries to a blender and let it run until it’s as smooth, then strain through a mesh sieve to remove the seeds. After that, I stir in the honey and voila! Delicious blackberry puree goodness!
That deep purple is just perfection, right?
It’s almost a shame to mix it up with the remaining tart ingredients, but it wouldn’t be a tart otherwise!
How To Make This A No-Bake Tart
I wanted a crust that didn’t require oven time, so I went to my tried and true combo:
- Chocolate sandwich cookies
- Melted butter
All you need is a food processor, or some aggression and a rolling pin. Either way, you’ll get those cookies pulverized. Mix in the melted butter and press it into the tart pan and pop it in the freezer to set. Easy peasy.
The tart itself requires no cooking either!
- Blackberry puree made in a blender
- Heavy cream whisked into soft peaks
- A hearty drizzle of sweetened condensed milk
- A tablespoon of gelatin swirled into the puree
All of that is gently folded together, scooped into the tart shell, and chilled until set.
Are you ready to celebrate the New Year in style? Then it’s time to get no-baking with this blackberry tart!
Easy No Bake Blackberry Tart
- 3 cup chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 oz Driscoll's Blackberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon plain gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- In a large bowl, mix together the cookie crumbs and melted butter. Add mixture to a 10-inch tart pan and press into the bottom and sides by hand. Place in the freezer.
- Add the blackberries to a blender and process until smooth. Strain the blackberries through a mesh sieve and discard the seeds. Stir in the honey, followed by the gelatin. Let set for 5 minutes, then microwave for 30 seconds to melt. Stir gently.
- While the blackberry puree sets, add the heavy whipping cream to a large bowl and beat with a whisk until soft peaks form, around 3-4 minutes. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the heavy whipping cream, then pour the melted blackberry gelatin puree over the top. Gently fold the ingredients into each other until the mixture reaches a uniform color, then scoop into the prepared tart shell, smooth out, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour minimum. Serve chilled.