This post was sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free, all thoughts and opinions are entirely my own. Thank you for supporting the sponsors who support A Simple Pantry!
Tomorrow it’s going to be a disgustingly humid 92 degrees here in Southern Minnesota. Ew. Since I already know my AC isn’t going to keep up, I’ve been wracking my brain for easy recipes for dessert that involve the wonderful delightfulness of my freezer.
Right? That’s kind of a no-brainer.
After creating a ton of recipes for a nutritionist’s website, I have a new-found love for making healthy swaps and trying new foods.
So you know what I did? I made the most amazing Black Jack Cherry Ice Cream Bars using So Delicious Dairy Free Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert. I am obsessed. So delicious. SO DELICIOUS.
Yeah, you see what I did there.
I really think their Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert might be my new fave frozen treat. It is so creamy, and the texture is literally like the real thing. But you know what is really great? Every spoonful is 100% plant-based, as well as Non-GMO Project Verified, Certified Gluten Free, and Certified Vegan. #winning
To make these Black Jack Cherry Ice Cream Bars, I started with a super simple gluten free shortbread. Just some coconut oil, almond flour, maple syrup, and vanilla. I baked it up, then topped it with a thin layer of chocolate before popping it in the freezer to set.
While the base set, I added some zomg amazing cherries to a small pot with a pinch of maple syrup and cooked them down into a compote and chilled it. This was hard work because my kids kept stealing them.
Good thing they are super cheap right now. And plus also I do not mind the kids loving on some fruit.
I used two pints of the Very Vanilla Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert for the top layers. I spread one pint out over the cooled base, then swirled cherry compote into the second pint and spread it as the last layer. After letting the whole pan get hard again, I cut it up into squares and they were devoured like nothing I have ever seen before.
This is definitely an easy recipes win. And if you are looking for a happier alternative to dessert, then you are really going to adore these Black Jack Cherry Bars.
Get on out there, grab a pint or seven, and enjoy some amazing So Delicious Dairy Free Cashewmilk Frozen Desserts. They really are SO DELICIOUS.
Black Jack Cherry Ice Cream Bars
- 2 pints Very Vanilla So Delicious Dairy Free Cashewmilk Frozen Dessert
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 cups cherries chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden brown.
- In a small bowl whisk together the coconut oil, cacao powder, and maple syrup. Pour on top of the shortbread layer and place in the freezer to set for one hour.
- Add the chopped cherries and maple syrup to a small pot over medium heat and cook until the cherries become soft and the juices release, gently mashing with a spoon. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Remove base from freezer and spread contents of one pint of Very Vanilla evenly over the chocolate and shortbread. Stir the cooled cherry compote into the second pint and spread over the first layer of Very Vanilla. Place back in freezer to set for an additional two hours, then cut into squares and serve immediately or keep in the freezer for up to three days.