Aaaaaaaaaaaaand we’re back, bringing you some more awesome breakfast options! Awhile ago, I was thinking about how it was so long since I last had some stuffed French toast, but I have zero bread in my house right now. Super weird, right? But I had this ginormous pile of delectable French toast granola in a jar just begging to be eaten, and bags upon bags of frozen fruit in the freezer.
Light bulb moment, my friends!
Why not make some amazingly simple and delish Fruit Stuffed French Toast Breakfast Bowls? I feel brilliant right now. Like crazy smart. Let me bask in this moment, because they are few and far between.
If you want to know what I mean, I have this tendency to bend over and grab a pile of oranges from the giant crate in the dining room and upon standing, bash the back of my skull into the metal shelf that I keep forgetting is right above said crate of oranges.
There is a chance I am trying to accidentally kill myself. I dunno. But man does it ever hurt when my head connects with that shelf. Just thinking about it makes my head throb. Stupid shelf.
When it comes to these fruit stuffed French toast breakfast bowls, I pureed the fruits separately, simply because I like the aesthetics of the multi-colored fruit in the bowl, and being able to take a little dip from one side or the other, but you could puree everything together without a problem. I just gave the blender a quick rinse between uses. I also went with almond milk because it’s a bit thicker, and has a pleasant but light flavor, which I felt was a perfect complement to the fruits. The addition of protein powder was to bulk up the puree and add a healthy boost of protein, which we all know is essential to a good breakfast. So yay that!
- 1 C Frozen Blueberries slightly thawed
- 1 C Frozen Peaches slightly thawed
- 2 C Almond Milk divided
- 1/2 C Vanilla Protein Powder divided
- 2 Tbsp Honey divided
- 1 C Granola divided
- 2 Tbsp Cream for garnish
- 1/4 C Blueberries for garnish
- 4 Slices Peaches for garnish
- In a blender, combine the blueberries and 1 C almond milk, puree until smooth. Stir in 1/4 C vanilla protein powder and 1 Tbsp honey and set aside. Rinse blender and repeat, adding the peaches, followed by the remaining almond milk, protein powder, and honey. Puree until smooth.
- In two bowls, divide the blueberry and peach mixtures evenly, then top with 1/2 C French Toast Granola, cream, and remaining fruit. Serve immediately.