I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for Collective Bias and its advertiser. #TEArifficPairs #CollectiveBias
This week I experienced this amazing thing that I pretty much forgot existed. How could that be possible, you might ask me. Well, when you have four kids, it’s pretty easy to forget most things, like what you did last night, or last week, or sometimes even your own name. It happens. But since the kids started school, I now experience this short, but spectacular period of time that I lovingly call quiet. Yes! I still have Charli with me, but she’s young enough for naps, and they are wonderful. So now I get a quiet, kid-free lunch time where I can sit and enjoy a hot, delicious lunch, like my grilled prosciutto, mozzarella, and pesto mayo sandwich with a refreshing glass of Lipton Peach Iced Tea, all by myself.
Did I mention this is amazing?
My kids are obsessed with iced tea, thanks to their father, which of course eventually rubbed off on me, and now Lipton’s Peach Iced Tea drink mix is my go-to drink when I need a little me time. Seriously, I have to hide the stuff or I won’t get a drop. It’s sad. So I love to savor it with my lunchtime treat. It basically is my treat, that’s how much I love it.
Now, my grilled prosciutto, mozzarella, and pesto mayo sandwich is essentially the adult grilled cheese you’ve been hankering for all these years. It’s got that perfect natural saltiness from the pan-fried prosciutto and a tangy zip from the pesto mayo; you’re going to be wanting this sandwich every day. I discovered, however, that some mystery creature has eaten all the basil leaves off my basil plant, and although I am totally devastated by my loss, I had a handy packet of Knorr Pesto Sauce mix, and I just mixed a couple tablespoons of it into a ⅓ cup of Hellmann’s mayo. Delish. Spread that stuff on thick; you won’t regret it.
Grilled Prosciutto, Mozzarella, and Pesto Mayo SandwichPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Slices Crusty Artisan Bread
- 3 oz Fresh Mozzarella Sliced
- 2 oz Thin Sliced Prosciutto
- 3 Slices Small Tomato
- 2 Tbsp. Knorr Pesto Sauce Mix
- ? C Hellmannâ??s Mayo
- Olive Oil for the Grill
- In a small fry pan on medium heat, add the prosciutto and cook until crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Place on a plate with napkins to absorb any grease.
- Mix the mayo with with the pesto sauce seasoning and stir well. Spread a generous layer over a single slice of bread.
- On the plain slice of bread, layer the mozzarella, prosciutto, and tomato slices, then top with the slice with the pesto mayo.
- Heat a grill pan or large fry pan on medium medium-high and brush with olive oil. Grill the sandwich for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until prominent, brown grill marks appear on the bread.
Serve your grilled prosciutto, mozzarella, and pesto mayo sandwich with some hot tomato basil soup and of course a big glass of Lipton Peach Iced Tea and savor every single bite.
Want more amazing recipe ideas? Head on over to the Lipton #TeaRifficPairs Pinterest board and drool over all the goodies, then hit up your local Walmart and get cooking!