Whether you’re brunching it up, or just need something quick and delicious on a weekday morning, this Easy Frittata Recipe has you covered. Packed with fresh herbs, bright and bold red bell peppers, and juicy cherry tomatoes, this recipe is ripe with the best summer produce, and with my favorite TABASCO® Sauce, there is no shortage of spicy, flavorful goodness. Baked in a single skillet, this breakfast aims to get everyone around the table for a family meal loved by all.
What’s In This Frittata Recipe?
We’re packing so much deliciousness into this breakfast dish that every single bite will explode with flavor. We’ve got:
- red bell pepper
- red onion
- cherry tomatoes
- fresh mozzarella
- TABASCO® Sauce
How To Make This Baked Frittata
It’s pretty simple, with just a single skillet and two steps.
I recommend using a sturdy cast iron skillet, but any oven-safe skillet with high sides will work, especially if it’s nonstick.
Start by cooking the red onion and bell pepper, then add the tomatoes and cook until they’re soft and blistered.
Whisk together the eggs, milk, herbs, mozzarella, and TABASCO® Sauce, then pour into the prepared skillet and pop it in the oven to bake.
Easy, peasy, delicious.
Can I Customize This Dish?
Absolutely! You can swap out any of the veggies for whatever you have on-hand. A few of my favorites include:
- poblano peppers
- swiss chard
You can also swap out the mozzarella for grated cheese such as pepper jack, or softer cheeses like chevre. Queso fresco and feta are great choices as well, but they don’t melt as much, so you have more texture variability, but that great salty flavor versus the softer cheeses.
You can also play around with the herbs, using basil, throwing some dill in there for a little bite, or even tarragon. You could also use dried herbs, but it’s not as pretty, and dried herbs have a slightly different flavor than fresh.
The only thing I wouldn’t omit is the TABASCO® Sauce. The flavor and spice it imparts is an integral part of the recipe, complementing all the vegetables and herbs, as important as salt and pepper. You can’t go without it, I promise you that.
However you get the family around the table, when you include this simple and delicious frittata, everyone will be making memories together. Grab your pan, the best of summer’s produce, some TABASCO® Sauce, and get to those good eats, my friends!
Herby Red Bell Pepper Baked Frittata Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 2 small red bell peppers seeded and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- kosher salt to taste
- cracked pepper to taste
- 8 large eggs
- ⅓ cup milk
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella torn into chunks
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup fresh curly parsley chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives chopped
- 1 tablespoon TABASCO® Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat and add the canola oil. Add the red onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, around 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes, sprinkle with salt and pepper and briefly toss with the onions and peppers, then let sit and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, mozzarella, herbs, and TABASCO® Sauce. Whisk vigorously until mixture is frothy, then pour into the skillet and gently stir to distribute evenly over the vegetables. Sprinkle once more with salt and pepper and place in the oven to bake for 23-25 minutes, or until golden on top and set in the center. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before cutting and serving. Enjoy!
- feel free to swap out vegetables for whatever you have on hand, such as zucchini, squash, eggplant, and swiss chard
- add basil, dill, or tarragon as desired instead of cilantro, parsley, and chives
- you can also use goat cheese or shredded pepper jack instead of fresh mozzarella
- depending on the ripeness of the tomatoes, you may find some liquid present on the top of the frittata after baking. This is normal, and depending on the amount, may reabsorb into the dish as it sits, or can be dabbed off with a paper towel.