Every day is Sundae when you whip up these Edible Cookie Dough Dessert Taco Sundaes! This vegan treat features my favorite So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk frozen dessert, CocoWhip, and French Vanilla Coconutmilk creamer, and like my apple crumble dessert tacos, is full of flavor and easy to make. In the time of our new normal, have a little fun with this dessert and celebrate, because every day can be sundae!
Why Make This Sundae?
Because why not?!
The edible cookie dough recipe is so simple, with a sugar cookie flavor, and it mimics the soft flour tortilla-style of traditional tacos, but for dessert instead!
After that, all you need to do is fill it, and eat it!
What’s In This Recipe?
Even with social distancing, we can still take a moment to enjoy the little things in life, so grab you some:
- vegan butter
- So Delicious Dairy Free French Vanilla Coconutmilk Creamer
- vanilla extract
- kosher salt
That’s all you need for the sugar cookie dough! To fill these bad boys, you need:
- So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk frozen dessert
- So Delicious Dairy Free CocoWhip
- vegan hazelnut spread
- fresh cherries
How To Make Edible Cookie Dough
It is super simple! Cream the vegan butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then whip in the coconutmilk creamer and vanilla extract, then beat in the flour and salt.
When it comes to the flour, for safety’s sake, I recommend throwing it in the microwave for two minutes to kill any possible bacteria. You could also heat the oven to 350 degrees and lay the flour out on a baking sheet for 5-6 minutes, but I like the speed of throwing it in the microwave.
What Size Should I Make These Sundae Tacos?
Any size you can comfortably form. You want something with a smooth, even, flat surface to smash each dough ball into a tortilla-like disc.
Larger, thicker discs will hold up better when you form your taco sundae, but you can always make them with a bit of parchment on the bottom to hold things together.
I find the best size to be around 4-5 inches, similar to the size of a street taco. You can fill it with just enough sundae goodness to satisfy without being overwhelmed.
Edible Cookie Dough Dessert Tacos
Every Day is Sundae when you make these edible cookie dough dessert taco sundaes featuring all my favorite So Delicious Dairy Free frozen desserts! With an edible sugar cookie base and super simple fillings, you can make new memories while adjusting to the new normal this summer. Let’s eat!
Edible Cookie Dough Dessert Tacos
- ½ cup vegan butter softened
- ¾ cup while granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons So Delicious Dairy Free French Vanilla Coconutmilk Creamer
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup vegan hazelnut spread
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk frozen dessert
- ¾ cup So Delicious Dairy Free CocoWhip
- ¾ cup cherries roughly chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the vegan butter and sugar with a hand-mixer until fluffy and smooth. Add the French Vanilla creamer and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Stir together the flour and salt then add to the mixing bowl and beat until combined. Chill briefly if desired.
- To make cookie dough tacos, roll dough into 12 balls, then press each ball between two sheets of wax paper to roughly 4-5 inches in diameter. Spread 1 tablespoons of hazelnut spread on each cookie dough tortilla, then spoon the Vanilla Bean Coconutmilk frozen dessert onto each taco. Add 1 tablespoon of the CocoWhip to each taco, then sprinkle with chopped cherries and enjoy immediately!
- for the purpose of food safety, I recommend briefly heating the flour to kill any possible bacteria. Microwave for 2 minutes on high, or lay on a baking sheet and cook for 5-6 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- for a more stable cookie dough tortilla, roll out the dough while cold