Why have just regular tacos when you can have easy apple crumble dessert tacos?! Crispy tortillas dipped in cinnamon-sugar are filled with cooked apples and topped with So Delicious Dairy Free Caramel Apple Crumble Oatmilk Frozen Dessert, then drizzled with delectable coconut caramel for a treat straight from heaven. Dairy-free and vegan, this choco taco dupe can also be gluten-free depending on the tortillas you use, so follow the tips below to whip up this amazing dessert in a hurry and wow the crowd with flavor!
Dinner In Dessert
As a way to combine my love for several different desserts in one package, these crazy delicious apple crumble oatmilk dessert tacos were born, and now I’m here to share this amazing dairy free creation with you.
What Is A Dessert Taco?
In the most basic sense, a dessert taco is:
- fried, sugared tortillas
- dessert filling
Sounds easy enough, right?
Sure! But we don’t want just any ol’ taco. We want some truly bombastic flavor, so we’re building a profile based on one of the all-time best desserts around: apple pie.
What’s In This Dessert Taco?
To build amazing flavor, we combined:
- cooked, spiced apples
- vegan caramel sauce
- So Delicious Caramel Apple Crumble Oatmilk Dairy Free Frozen Dessert
Did you know So Delicious Oatmilk frozen desserts are certified gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and non-GMO project verified? I love having a treat with thoughtful ingredients, and So Delicious definitely delivers in spades with their creamy, first-to-market oatmilk outside of the beverage category.
Have you ever tried an oatmilk product before? I cannot rave enough about them, they are sooooooo good.
How To Make Dessert Tacos
While there may be a couple different parts to this recipe, it’s really not difficult to put together in under 30 minutes.
- fry and dip shells in cinnamon-sugar coating
- cook down apples and let cool
- prepare the caramel sauce
The longest time is devoted to making the caramel, so I suggest making it in advance and storing it in the fridge until you’re ready. The easy apple crumble is cooked in about 15 minutes because you don’t want them to turn to mush, and the shells take about 30-60 seconds each to fry.
If you want the recipe to be completely gluten-free, use corn tortillas! I fried up flour tortillas for the photos because they look puffy and fun. Dessert tacos taste great with either shell!
You can serve this choco taco dupe warm or cold, depending on your preference, just know your So Delicious Caramel Apple Crumble will melt faster in a warm taco (which doesn’t bother me at all, ha)!
Easy Apple Crumble Dessert Tacos
Whoever said you can’t have tacos for dessert has never tried this dessert taco! Filled with juicy apples and topped with So Delicious Caramel Apple Crumble Oatmilk frozen dessert, this sweet treat will be a hit with the whole family! Whip up a batch today!
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating.
You May Also Like…
- Vegan Double Chocolate Tree Stump Cake
- Mini Vegan Key Lime Cheesecakes
- Vegan Black Jack Cherry Ice Cream Bars
Easy Apple Crumble Dessert Tacos
For the Apples
For the Tacos
- 1 1/2 cups So Delicious Apple Caramel Crumble Oatmilk Frozen Dessert
- 6 tablespoons vegan caramel sauce
- Add canola oil to a depth of 1 inch in a small frying pan and heat to medium. Once hot, add a single tortilla and fry, shaping it into a shell as it fries, until golden and crispy, around 30-60 seconds. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a shallow dish and dip the shell to coat. Set aside and repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Add the diced apples to a small pot and stir in the brown sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Heat to medium and allow to cook down until soft, around 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the tacos: Add a scoop of spiced apples to each taco shell, then add two small scoops of the So Delicious Caramel Apple Crumble. Drizzle with a tablespoon of vegan caramel drizzle and serve immediately!