Decadent and delicious, these Chocolate Madeleine Cookies are perfect for the holiday season, especially topped with a Marshmallow Frosting and a drizzle of chocolate glaze! Enjoy alongside a cup of coffee, as a treat after dinner, or simply just because you want one. They’re dippable, perfect for nibbling, and this batch makes enough to share with anyone and everyone! Whip up a batch today!
How To Successfully Make These Madeleine Cookies
- The biggest point to remember when making these cookies is not overmix when you add the dry ingredients. Overmixing results in dense cookies, and that’s not what you want in a madeleine.
- Folding the melted butter into the batter is essential to ensuring the mixture doesn’t get overmixed. To fold in the butter, you swipe a spatula down into the batter from the side of the bowl, then swipe it around the edge of the bowl. Once you get back to where you started, pull the batter up and over itself, then push it down to the bottom in a single, smooth motion. Repeat that action until the butter is fully incorporated!
- The chocolate drizzle is completely optional, but I wouldn’t skip out on the marshmallow frosting. It’s like having a cup of cocoa with marshmallows on top!
Hot Chocolate Madeleine Cookies with Marshmallow Frosting
Chocolate Madeleine Cookies
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs and sugar and beat at medium speed until the mixture becomes pale and thickens, around 5 minutes. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla bean paste and beat until incorporated.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl, then add to the bowl with the sugar mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix. Pour the melted butter into the bowl and gently fold until thoroughly incorporated. Cover and chill in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and grease a madeleine tin with cooking spray. Remove chilled dough from the fridge and add one tablespoon of batter to each shell mold. Bake for 8 minutes, or until the edges are browned and the center is puffed. Remove madeleines from the tin and cool on a wire rack. Keep batter cool in the fridge between batches.
- To make the frosting, add the butter and water to a medium-sized microwavable bowl and heat until melted. Stir in the mini marshmallows until melted and uniform, then stir in the vanilla bean paste and salt. Add the powdered sugar to a large bowl, then pour the marshmallow mixture over the top and stir until smooth. Let cool and thicken slightly before dipping each madeleine, then let set on a rack until dry before storing in an air-tight container.
- you can use regular vanilla extract instead of vanilla bean paste at a ratio of 1:1
- to add a chocolate drizzle, combine 1 ½ cups powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon light corn syrup, ¼ cup cocoa powder, and 2-4 tablespoons water. Whisk until smooth and drizzle away!
Share your photo and tag @asimplepantry or #asimplepantry!
Leave a Review