One of the trendiest drinks of the year gets a holiday upgrade, so whip up this Fluffy Dalgona Coffee Nog and sip in So Delicious style this winter! With that classic eggnog flavor, but without any eggs, or dairy, this drink is completely vegan and completely tasty. Topped with a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg, gather your family around the fire and enjoy this dalgona coffee recipe today.
What IS Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona is a combination of equal parts:
- instant coffee
- boiling water
The big thing here, however, is that you have to use INSTANT coffee. It won’t work with regular coffee grounds, at all.
How To Serve Dalgona Coffee
In general, the viral drink is seen served cold, and for this recipe, we’re doing the same thing.
All you need is a glass, some ice, and a carton of So Delicious Dairy Free Coconutmilk Holiday Nog!
It has that great nog flavor, with nutmeg taking center stage, but none of the eggs and dairy found in traditional nog, making it a great alternative if you’re dairy free or vegan!
Do you know how many years it has been since I was able to enjoy nog?!
I AM THRILLED!
How Do I Drink Dalgona Coffee?
The dalgona still maintains a level of fluffiness, almost like a backward cappuccino, which whips the milk instead of the coffee.
With the smooth and refreshing flavors of So Delicious Holiday Nog, the dalgona coffee comes to life for an epic winter drink that’ll keep you on your toes.
Unless, of course, you reach for decaf instead. No judgment here, I can’t always take the caffeine either!
So, lesdodis, shall we?
Fluffy Dalgona Coffee Nog
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup So Delicious Dairy Free Coconutmilk Holiday Nog
- Add the instant coffee, sugar, and boiling water to a medium bowl and whisk vigorously with a handheld blender until thick and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add ice to a glass, then pour in the So Delicious Dairy Free Coconutmilk Holiday Nog. Carefully add the dalgona coffee on top in dollops, gently pushing and swirling it until it fills the glass. When ready to drink, carefully stir the coffee into the Holiday Nog and enjoy!
- do not use regular coffee grounds as it will not work. Use any variety of instant coffee, even decaf!