Simple, yet decadent, this Vegan Poached Pear Tart features the flavors of fall with cinnamon, cardamom, allspice and more! With pears poached in vegan red wine and a creamy tart filling made with my favorite So Delicious Dairy Free French Vanilla Coconutmilk Creamer, this dessert will wow the crowd at any holiday or weeknight dinner table!
Why Make This Poached Pear Tart?
The number one reason is that it’s easy, of course! But here is why this tart is so special:
- Unlike many traditional, fruit-forward, bright and summery tarts, this one is spiced for fall gatherings and holidays, with subtle flavors of cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla.
- It’s dairy-free! And vegan! And since it’s so simple to put together, it’s easy to be inclusive to all guests who may be joining your holiday table.
How To Poach Pears
The biggest thing to note here is if you are a strict vegan, you want to be sure to grab a bottle of red wine from a vegan/vegan-friendly wine brand.
- Mix red wine with water, sugar, whole spices, and orange peels.
- Bring to a boil, then add peeled and halved pears. You can core them before poaching, or do it later.
- Use ripe, but firm pears, so they hold their shape better while poaching.
- Reduce mixture to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, turning the pears halfway through.
- Remove pears and spices, then boil the mixture until it becomes thick and syrupy. Store pears in the syrup until you use them!
How To Make The Tart
I start with my classic golden cookie crust, like in my no-bake cheesecakes, but I adjusted it slightly and baked it this time simply because I could. You can do it either way since you’ll be chilling the tart in the end anyway.
- Add filling ingredients to a high-speed blender.
- Puree like whoa.
- Gently spoon into tart pan and chill!
I love using my So Delicious Dairy Free French Vanilla Coconutmilk Creamer because it’s smooth and creamy, with a light vanilla flavor that boosts this dessert to the next level. Plus, it’s Non-GMO Project Verified and Vegan Action Certified. Yasssssssss.
Delight your guests with a delicious treat that takes nearly no time to make and looks as amazing as it tastes when you whip up this Vegan Poached Pear Tart!
Vegan Poached Pear Tart
- 12 oz silken firm tofu
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup So Delicious Dairy Free French Vanilla Coconutmilk Creamer
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, combine the wine, water, sugar, spices, and orange peel. Bring to a boil, then add the pears and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping the pears over halfway through until softened but not mushy. Remove pears from pot and set aside to cool.*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, blitz the cookies until they become a fine crumble, then stir in the vegan butter, sugar, and salt. Press mixture into a large tart pan**, then bake for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Add all tart filling ingredients to a high-powered blender and puree until smooth. Spoon filling into cooled tart pan and smooth with a spatula. Slice poached pears and gently nestle into the top of the tart, then cover and refrigerate until set, a minimum of 2 hours. Slice and enjoy!