Breakfast just got a little more scrumptious with this amazingly simple Triple Berry Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe! With a ripple of decadent vegan cream cheese in the middle, fresh berries, and the new So Delicious Dairy Free Oatmilk Yogurt Alternative, this sweet treat delivers the best qualities of a breakfast cake without the associated guilt. Grab your favorite cup of coffee and get ready to start enjoying your mornings with this easy coffee cake recipe!
A few weeks ago, I posted a series of questions in my Instagram Stories, asking what it is you would like to see more of around A Simple Pantry.
One request was for more vegan cuisine from a non-vegan eater.
Like I mentioned in the vegan gyros post, vegan food is for everybody. If you love food and love to try new things, then you’re in the right spot because experimenting with vegan cuisine has been so much fun, and far different from what I ever pictured vegan cuisine to be like.
So welcome to my latest delicious entry into the vegan reel!
What’s In This Vegan Coffee Cake?
If you checked out my vegan double chocolate tree stump cake, you probably already know that there isn’t anything too crazy happening here. There are no eggs involved, and instead of regular milks and yogurts, we’re using the new So Delicious Triple Berry Oatmilk Yogurt Alternative!
With the rise in popularity of oatmilk products, it seemed only natural to tap my friends at So Delicious since I know we all loved their Oatmilk Frozen Desserts (hello Apple Crumble Dessert Tacos!). Did you know they now have a variety of oatmilk yogurt alternative flavors?!
Made with gluten-free oats, there are four oat-mazing flavors to try:
- Triple Berry
- Sweet Mango
- Spiced Pear & Fig
- Strawberry Rhubarb
You could probably make an easy coffee cake recipe with any of these great flavors! I’m personally eyeing Sweet Mango for my next coffee cake, in case you were wondering.
This vegan coffee cake also has:
- A vegan cream cheese layer
- Fresh berries galore
- Streusel. Because, streusel.
How Do I Make This Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe?
It’s actually super simple!
- Whip up the cream cheese layer first and set it aside.
- Whip up the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Put some batter in a springform pan.
- Add the cream cheese, then sprinkle with berries.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Make streusel, try not to eat it all, put it on the cake.
See? Super easy. The hardest part is smelling all that yum and having to wait for it to bake and cool before diving in.
It’s torture, I swear. But the best kind.
Triple Berry Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe
Breakfast gets an upgrade with this simple and delicious Triple Berry Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe! Bold flavors meet tender crumb, with a delicate ribbon of melty cream cheese in the middle, studded with fresh fruit and featuring So Delicious Triple Berry Oatmilk Yogurt Alternative. Grab a cup, grab a friend, grab a slice, and enjoy today!
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating!
You May Also Like…
Triple Berry Vegan Coffee Cake Recipe
FOR THE FILLING:
- 8 ounces vegan cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups fresh mixed berries
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup vegan butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Triple Berry Oatmilk Yogurt Alternative
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, beat vegan cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, then add the cornstarch and beat until well combined. Set aside.
- Make the cake: In a separate large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda until well combined. In another large bowl beat vegan butter, granulated and brown sugars on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Stir in apple cider vinegar, oatmilk yogurt alternative, and vanilla until combined. Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients until batter is just combined. Batter will be thick.
- Spread ⅔ of batter into bottom of prepared pan. Spread cream cheese filling over top and sprinkle with fresh berries. Top with dollops of remaining ⅓ batter and spread gently with a spatula to avoid crushing berries.
- Make the streusel topping: In a small bowl, stir flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted vegan butter until well combined and mixture looks like wet sand. Sprinkle evenly over top of cake.
- Bake 75-90 minutes or until top of cake is a deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a cooling rack, then loosen edges with a paring knife before removing from the pan. Enjoy.