We are getting our pork on, thanks to Smithfield! All recipes and opinions are my own, so enjoy!
I may or may not be completely obsessed with this Mexican Cobb Salad. I mean, what isn’t there to love? Crispy, fried tortilla strips, fresh avocado, grilled corn, and Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin. Hello, amazing, where have you been all my life?
This salad is perfect for transitioning into summer, because you have the delicious, hot pork, but the cool, crisp lettuce, and tomatoes. But then we heat it back up with some red chiles, and cool it back down with some Queso Fresco and Monterey Jack cheese. There is just so much going on here. So much. It’s mind-boggling.
Like most of my Mexican dishes, I am all about the variety of flavors and textures that are absolutely essential to a successful meal. Like I said, there is so much going on here, you would think this was a super hard meal, but no! Not at all, this meal comes together in just 30 minutes! Holla!
To really make this dish easy, I utilized some amazing Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin. I went with the Peppercorn & Garlic variety and just threw it in the oven for 30 minutes at 375 degrees. So easy. While it was cooking, I prepped all the other parts of the salad, like the hard-boiled egg and grilled corn. How nice is it to not have to worry about the meat? Smithfield totally has my back, and yours too.
Now, I didn’t specifically include a dressing with this Mexican cobb salad, because really, you could just dump your favorite over it and call it a day. I’m personally partial to a spiced up ranch dressing, or my special cilantro lime vinaigrette. It really just depends on the day and my mood. Do I want to be naughty? Or nice? And by nice I mean healthier. Or something. It’s all in my head.
Shall we get to eating? I think yes!
And if you’re looking for more recipe inspiration, Smithfield has you covered HERE!
Mexican Cobb Salad
- 23 oz Smithfield Marinated Fresh Peppercorn & Garlic Pork Sirloin
- 1 Head Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- 1 Corn Cobb
- 2 Eggs, hard-boiled and sliced
- 2 C Cherry Tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 C Canned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Chile, sliced into rings
- 1/3 C Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
- 1/3 C Queso Fresco
- 1 Small Avocado, sliced
- 1 C Fried Tortilla Strips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place the Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork Sirloin in a baking dish and roast in the oven for 27-30 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reads 150 degrees. Remove from oven.
- While the pork is roasting, place a grill pan on the stove over medium-high heat, and brush with oil. Place the whole corn cobb on the pan and allow to cook until hot, slightly tender, and black in spots, around 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, then cut off the corn kernels.
- In a large bowl, add the romaine lettuce, corn, eggs, tomatoes, black beans, chile, cheeses, avocado and tortilla strips. Slice the pork into strips and gently add to the salad, then top with dressing and serve!