This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyComeback #CollectiveBias
Back in my college days (which was more than ten years ago, whomp, whomp, whomp), there were a few things I couldn’t live without: my friends, shower shoes, and M&M’s® Crispy. Studying just wasn’t the same without that delicious crispy crunch, and although my school days are long over, my love for those little crispy delights hasn’t waned, so you can imagine my delight when I saw they’re back on the shelf! Hallelujah! In celebration, I whipped up a fun fusion treat: Mexican Wedding Cookie Fudge Bars!
Two of my favorite treats are Mexican Wedding Cookies and Mexican Fudge, and if you’ve never tried either, you should get on that, because, much yum! Mexican Wedding Cookies are eggless and have a unique flavor lent to them from ground pecans. Traditionally, they are rolled into little balls, baked, and then covered with powdered sugar, but for this recipe I just pressed the dough into a parchment-lined baking pan.
After baking, I tossed a heaping handful of nomilicious M&M’s® Crispy on top, and then poured on the fudge! I adore the flavor of Mexican fudge, loaded with Mexican chocolate and cinnamon spice, it’s perfect! Once the fudge is set, the bars are ready to be cut and devoured! You’re going to love the different flavors and textures and the happy fun crunchy of those M&M’s® Crispy in the middle! The only thing you want to be careful of, however, is not going too crazy with those M&M’s®, because if they cover the Mexican Wedding Cookie layer completely, the fudge won’t adhere and the bars will fall apart. I used a wee bit too many in mine, so just be sure to use a little less than what you see in my photo, ha ha ha! I like my M&M’s® Crispy a little too much!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, then line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Whip the butter in a mixing bowl on medium high speed until light and fluffy, around five minutes. Slowly beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla, then stir in the flour and ground pecans.
- Turn the dough out into the pan and press gently until the dough covers the entire bottom and is even in thickness.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the bars bakes, in a small saucepan over medium low heat, add the sweetened condensed milk and chocolate, and stir until melted. Add the vanilla and cinnamon and stir until combined.
- When the bars come out of the oven, add the M&M'sÂ® Crispy on top, then pour the melted fudge mixture and spread until completely covered. Allow to set in the fridge for 2 hours before cutting.
Grab a special $1 coupon for M&M’s® Crispy at CVS!
So good, they’re back! Woo!
Grab your M&M’s® Crispy and get to making these amazing Mexican Wedding Cookie Fudge Bars today!