This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #YesYouCAN #CollectiveBias
You know, it’s just been one of those weeks. Nothing seems to be going right and I am sooooo over it. The kids are being demons, the car broke down randomly, I can’t figure out how to play the Pocket Edition of Minecraft so I can teach the kids…I am so behind on work and have twenty unfinished projects just creeping up on me like yo, Karly, get it together already!
Dood, you know I’m trying. But it’s all that that makes me love this One Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup.
I love my Stuffed Peppers, I mean they are freaking awesome. But there are days that I just don’t have the time to wait. But this one pot stuffed pepper soup is on the table in 30 minutes.
Yes, you read that right. 30 minutes to stuffed pepper goodness. ZOMG.
A few things that make it so fast and busy-schedule-friendly:
1|| Diced peppers cook up with the quickness.
2|| The broth cooks up the rice while everything simmers.
3|| Using Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes and RO*TEL take time away from dicing, slicing, de-seeding, and all that other nonsense.
4|| Fire Roasted tomatoes kick up the flavor without having to do it yourself.
What I really really like is that you don’t have to use pre-cooked rice, or even instant rice. Like my Chicken Tortilla Soup, I just have the rice in the pot ready to go. So if you need a delicious dinner done with the quickness, turn a long-cooking, long-time favorite into a fast and easy soup and enjoy your fave flaves with Hunt’s and RO*TEL!
Shall we get cooking? I think so!
One Pot Stuffed Pepper SoupPrint Pin Rate
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro Cottonseed Oil*
- 2 Bell Peppers any color, diced
- 1/2 Large White Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 lbs Ground Beef
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 14.5 oz Can Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 10.5 oz Can RO*TEL
- 5 C Beef Broth
- 1 C Long-Grain Rice
- 2 Tbsp Cornmeal
- Cilantro for garnish
- Avocado for garnish
- Queso Fresco for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the peppers and onion and cook until they begin to soften, around 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute, seasoning with the cumin, salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Add the ground beef and break it up as it cooks until brown, around 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Dump in the fire-roasted tomatoes and RO*TEL, juices and all, then the beef broth and rice. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and let sit for 12 minutes. Remove cover, stir in the cornmeal slowly, adjust seasoning as needed and let sit with the cover off for an additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately with cilantro, avocado and queso fresco as garnish.