This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
You guys have been waiting so patiently for these, and I really appreciate that! But I finally get to share these decadent delights with you and I couldn’t be more excited! And seriously, it’s been a little while since the last time I made some Pecan Carmelitas, and just looking at these photos again makes me want to whip up a batch right meow. They are just so super easy.
Look at those gooey layers of chocolate and caramel sandwiched between sweet and crunchy oats, studded with pecans and M&M’s® Pecan Pie. How could anyone possibly resist that?
It’s not possible, I promise.
These pecan carmelitas have two stages of baking, kind of like some pies, to pre-bake the bottom layer of oats before adding the rest of the ingredients. I sprinkled a hearty helping of chocolate chunks, pecans, and M&M’s® Pecan Pie before covering it with the delicious caramel and the rest of the oats. If you don’t feel like whipping up caramel with squares and heavy cream, you can always purchase a jar of caramel sauce and use that instead. I prefer melting the squares with the heavy cream because I can control how thick or thin I want my sauce, and I feel like store bought sauces are a little too thin for my liking. But if you enjoy the runny mess, totally go for it. It’s super fun.
This is going to be your new favorite dessert, so be sure to head on over to Walmart and check out their display featuring the new M&M’s® Pecan Pie and get baking! Use this coupon to get $1.00 off any TWO (2) M&M’s® Candies, 9.4 oz or larger! If you’ve found me after viewing the ad in your Sunday paper, welcome! I am so excited to have you here! Welcome fall with some delicious, gooey pecan carmelitas! Find more awesome recipes on the social hub, including my Chocolate Cookie Dough Bundt Cake!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8Ã?8-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray, then set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat melt the butter. Once melted, remove from heat and add the brown sugar and vanilla, stirring until combined and smooth.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt, then stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Spoon half of the mixture to the prepared pan and press down with the back of the spoon to form a uniform layer. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the bottom cookie layer bakes, add the heavy whipping cream and caramels to a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the caramel is completely melted and mixed with the heavy cream, around 6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate, Pecan M&Mâ??sÂ®, and chopped pecans over the top. Take the caramel sauce and pour it over the candies and nuts to create a uniform layer.
- Take the remaining cookie mixture and carefully crumble it over the caramel layer and pat down gently. Return the pan to the oven and bake for another 13-15 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned and puffy and the center is bubbling slightly. Cool completely before cutting.