Back in the day I was this crazy girl, fresh out of the USAF and exploring the world by being a ridiculously amazing bartender at a tiny dive bar right off the Riverwalk in San Antonio. It was essentially a no-holds-barred kind of joint, and it made for some very interesting nights. One of those nights was my birthday, and that was when these Potato Chip Taco Bags were born.
Seriously, it’s one of the few things I remember from that night.
Oh youth, how much I do not miss thee.
Seriously, these potato chip taco bags were the best thing I had ever tasted, and they evolved over time until they eventually became a ritual part of our game day experience. Because, I mean, come on, how awesomely portable and easy are these things? Talk about tailgating for the win, because you can hobo cook the meat in foil with the seasonings and just dump it in.
And if you’re anything like me, you are going to LOVE The Game Day Chef Challenge from Chevron Texaco, which inspired me to share these delightful little goodies with you today. This is the second year of the challenge, and they want YOU to submit your absolute best game day recipe using one or more items from a Chevron Texaco! I grabbed these bags of chips, as well as some hot sauce and ranch dressing, which were all perfectly sized for traveling to a stadium and setting up shop for some good eats.
And, you know, cheering for my team.
There is an awesome grand prize of $25,000 in Chevron Gift Cards! Um, yes please? You can submit your recipe until September 30, 2015, so check out all the official rules HERE and get ready to whip up something amazing!
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 3 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 1 C Diced Tomatoes
- 1 C Diced Red Onion
- 1 C Fresh Cilantro roughly chopped
- 1 ½ C Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Avocado diced
- ⅓ C Ranch Dressing
- 2 Tbsp Hot Sauce
- 4 Individual Potato Chip Bags
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the ground beef until browned and no longer pink, breaking it up into small chunks as it cooks. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in the taco seasoning until the beef is thoroughly coated.
- Cut open the top of each potato chip bag and spoon some of the seasoned beef on top of the chips. Pinch a heaping tablespoon of cheese on top.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, and cilantro, then spoon into each bag on top of the meat and cheese. Sprinkle with some avocado, then drizzle with the ranch and add a couple teaspoons of hot sauce for kick. Stir up with a fork and enjoy, straight from the bag!
How about we help get those creative juices flowing by giving away FIVE $10 Gift Cards to Chevron so you can pick up the goodies you need to make a winning recipe for The Game Day Chef Challenge?! Enter to win below!
Thank you to The Game Day Chef Challenge for sponsoring this post! #GameDayChef #ad