This post is sponsored by Lone Star Eggs through Acorn Influence. All opinions and delicious recipes are my own.
I like to slow down some days and just enjoy the moments. Everything is always rushrushrush and I hardly find time to shower, let alone absorb all that is going on around me. The kids are growing up behind my back and I am determined to find a way to keep them in my vision instead of in my blind spot. The girls and I have started spending more time around the table, enjoying meals, like this Southwestern Eggs Avocado Toast!
It gives us time to bond, as I put them to work slicing bread, mashing avocados (they fight over that task, ha), and handing me tomatoes to dice up. It’s a family breakfast, which is topped off with the scrambling of some amazing Lone Star Eggs! I can’t say enough good things about these locally sourced eggs. Just like my Southwestern Breakfast Hash, these eggs whip up so light and fluffy, you’d swear they were Heaven-sent. The cool thing is that I can pick up my Lone Star Eggs straight from Walmart! I love that they buy local, helping the local economy. Too cool.
I toasted up some hearty sourdough for my southwestern eggs avocado toast. You can use pretty much whatever bread you want, I just love some variety, especially for breakfast. Plain bread can boring sometimes, know what I mean? Then I just smeared on the mashed avocadoes, loaded it up with fluffy scrambled eggs, and topped it off with some amazing pico de gallo. So much goodness in a single bite. Yum yum chop.
Southwestern Eggs Avocado Toast
- 1 Demi Baguette, sliced into 16 pieces and toasted
- 3 Avocado
- 1/2 C Tomato, diced
- 1/2 C Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Fresh Cilantro, diced
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, add the avocado, and mash until creamy*, then spread equally over the slices of baguette.
- In another small bowl, add the tomato, red onion, and cilantro, stir gently, then set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk vigorously for a couple minutes, then pour into a frying pan coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat and scramble until soft and fluffy, around 5 minutes. Distribute the scrambled eggs evenly over the avocado toast, top with the pico de gallo, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
By the way! Lone Star Eggs is giving away a year’s worth of eggs to one lucky winner, as well as one dozen eggs each week to a new winner! Get your egg on, my friends!