Simple and flavorful, this Cucumber Salad Recipe with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette is perfect for spring and summer! With peppery arugula and nutty couscous, this salad is balanced and comes together in minutes. Different from typical cucumber salads, this recipe features a lemon basil vinaigrette with a touch of honey; light and citrusy, as opposed to the traditional cucumber salad dressing made with mayo or sour cream. Wow the crowd with the best salad around!
A Girls’ Weekend
I tried a version of this recipe last year when one of my mom’s friends made it with our dinner, which was a massive chimichurri coated steak. The whole thing was so so good.
There were so many punchy flavors that complemented each other, but the salad is what really stood out for me and begged to be made again and again.
What’s In The Lemon Basil Dressing?
This cucumber salad dressing is so simple and so flavorful, you’ll be amazed. Combine:
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- fresh basil
- salt + pepper
And just shake it, shake it, shake it!
How to Make This Cucumber Salad Recipe
This salad comes together so quickly! The only thing that takes a moment is making the couscous. It is definitely something you can make ahead if you want, but if you do that, you’ll want to whip up the dressing ahead of time as well.
It’s best to dress the couscous while it’s still warm! It absorbs more flavor and keeps the couscous from getting sticky, but really, it’s all about the flavor.
After making the couscous, all you really need to do is toss together:
- a giant pile of cucumbers
- the dressed couscous
- some feta
And BAM! Done and done.
Cucumber Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
Tempt your tastebuds with the bright flavors of this super simple cucumber salad recipe, with nutty couscous tossed in a punchy lemon basil dressing on top of a bed of peppery arugula. Ready in minutes and the perfect side dish for any summer meal!
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating!
You May Also Like…
Cucumber Salad Recipe with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
For The Dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¾ teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- kosher salt to taste
- cracked pepper to taste
For The Salad
- 1 cup dried pearl couscous
- 2 english cucumbers sliced thin
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 cup feta
- In a small jar add the dressing ingredients, cover with a tight lid and shake vigorously. Adjust seasonings as desired and set aside.
- Prepare couscous according to package instructions. While still warm, add ½-3/4 of the dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Add the cucumbers, arugula, and feta to a large bowl and toss with the remaining dressing. Stir in the couscous, then divide between 6 plates and serve immediately.
Share your photo and tag @asimplepantry or #asimplepantry!
The lemon basil dressing really makes this salad special!
Such a simple and flavorful dressing. My daughter has a lemon tree and she keeps sending lemons over. This will be a staple at our house. Thanks for a great recipe.