Thank you, Hamilton Beach, for providing me with a FlexBrew to save my sanity, and to give one away to my loyal readership!
So. I was never a coffee drinker. I thought it was pretty much the worst for the vast majority of my life. And then I went and had myself four kids in a little over four years and I realized that all the boundless youthful energy wasn’t so boundless or youthful anymore. Sad. Then I truly discovered coffee, and it pretty much saved my life. Vivo el café!
It’s no surprise, in the course of things, that I discovered biscotti and how brilliantly it goes with a fresh brewed cup of joe. So take this here dark chocolate salted caramel biscotti and make it, dunk it, eat it, and repeat. Mmkay?
Lately, I’ve been making my coffee with the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker, and I have to say that I am totally loving it! Since Rudy and I have such different schedules, the FlexBrew is perfect for us. He uses the single cup side to make his morning coffee before heading to work, and I use the carafe side to brew my extra big pot, because I need several cups to survive the whirlwind that is four crazy girls.
My coffee is always hot, and ready with the quickness so I can tackle my day, plus it has options for a regular or bold brew, which is great for those days when I really need an extra boost to survive. Program the FlexBrew to get with your schedule and you’re good to go!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the eggs on medium speed until the eggs are just frothy, around one minute. Slowly add the sugar, followed by the butter and vanilla and continue whipping until all the ingredients are combined and the sugar dissolved. Gently mix in the salted caramel sauce.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet in batches, stirring until just combined. Divide the dough in half and turn out onto the baking sheets, carefully forming them into logs around 12 inches long and 2 wide. Bake for 25-30 minutes, rotating pans halfway through for even baking, if necessary.
- Allow the biscotti to cool for ten minutes, then slice into 2 inch thick cookies and place back on the baking sheets, cut side down. Bake for an additional 14 minutes, turning the cookies halfway through. Allow to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the dark chocolate. Drizzle the dark chocolate over the biscotti and allow to cool under hard. Enjoy with a hot cup of coffee!
Want a Hamilton Beach FlexBrew for yourself? Then Enter to Win below!
Must be 18 years or older to enter, and live within the 50 United States or D.C. Cannot be shipped to PO Boxes.