Break out the grill for this super simple side dish and enjoy the best and easiest Mexican Street Corn Recipe around! Grilled in minutes on the Cuisinart Twin Oaks Pellet & Gas Grill, all you need are some basic staple ingredients to create a side so flavorful, everyone will be begging for more. Check out the tips below for ultimate grilling success and get ready for a flavorful summer!
The Quintessential Summer
This Mexican street corn recipe grills up so quickly, you don’t have to worry about the main dish getting cold before you’re ready to serve!
Minimal prep is involved, and you can create a self-serve or buffet-style setup for easy serving of this Mexican delight along with dinner.
What Do I Need To Make This Recipe?
- fresh corn
- cotija cheese
- chili powder
- fresh limes
How To Make Mexican Street Corn
I love keeping the husk attached and using it to hold the corn, but you can absolutely cut off the bottom and top and use corn holders instead.
Tie off the husk with culinary twine, or if you’re feeling ambitious, tie it off with some of the husk itself for a fancier presentation.
We’re using the gas side of the Twin Oaks grills, so you want to fire it up to high and let it preheat for 10 minutes if you’re starting it from cold.
Pop all that corn on the grill and close the lid. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until you get some nice char on each side.
How To Layer The Ingredients
- start with the butter, just a dab’ll do ya
- slather on the mayo, as much or as little as you’d like, but enough for the cheese to stick
- sprinkle that cheese like the pro you know you are
- dust with chili powder, adding more to really punch up the heat
- squeeze a lime wedge over everything for a zippy zing
You’re ready to eat!
Pro Tips For Success
- don’t overcook the corn, so be sure to keep turning it every 2-3 minutes. Not every bit needs to be charred.
- if you can’t get your hands on cotija cheese, parmesan is a great substitute.
- you could also use feta or queso fresco, but they are harder to get into the fine grate like cotija and parm.
- get a smoky flavor by using chipotle chili powder!
Easy Mexican Street Corn Recipe
- Preheat the gas side of the Cuisinart Twin Oaks Pellet & Gas Grill to high heat. Husk corn, tying the husks at the bottom with culinary twine or removing completely, then place on hot grill and cover. Turn corn every 2-3 minutes, until lightly charred, closing the lid between each turn. Remove from grill.
- Rub each corn cob with butter, then mayonnaise. Sprinkle with cotjia cheese, then add chili powder to taste. Finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and garnish with cilantro. Serve hot.