I first discovered scones several years ago when I went to a little tea house in Mesa, AZ, with my grandma. It was awesome. We had delicious hot tea, and an assortment of tea sandwiches, cakes, mini quiche, fruit, and scones. It was awesome. I said that already, but it’s no less true. I miss that tea house, actually, and my grandma too. Now that we’re living in San Antonio, I haven’t found a tea house even remotely comparable, so I spend my time pining for a trip to Teavana, or a pretty tea set to make my yummy teas with. Le sigh. But at least I have one thing: this easy raspberry scones recipe!
I have to say that these scones are a little bit different from traditional scones because a little more cake-like, instead of crunchy-crispy. But damn are they are ever good. They remind me a little of Starbucks’ scones, except way better, cause, ya know, homemade. And they are so easy to make that you’ll be wowing your friends with those mad skillz. I mean, seriously, I pretty much only use the food processor to prep the dough for this easy raspberry scones recipe. EEEEEE-ZEEEEEE.
I had the dough ready in less than 5 minutes, but the only thing I will mention (because I ruined several batches, ha), is to be sure you use a LOT of flour on the table to kneading and rolling, because this dough is sticky and it WILL stick hard and not come off. I recommend rotating the dough when you roll it out, adding a bit more flour with each turn.
Take your raspberry filling, whether freshly smashed or jellied, and cover half that dough in it, then fold over, seal the edges, and cut into cute little triangles. I made mine more bite-sized because I used them for a princess party that I’ll be sharing tomorrow. So be sure to check that out, too. 😉
And what makes an easy raspberry scones recipe complete? How about some tart lime glaze?!? OMG, I swear the glaze makes this scone, it is so good. All you need is some freshly grated lime zest and you are set. Keep those limes cold until you are ready to zest, it will grate far easier when cold!
Easy Raspberry Scones Recipe
For The Scones
For The Glaze
- 2 1/2 C Powdered Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Half & Half
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, then pulse to combine. Add cold butter and pulse until well incorporated and no large chunks remain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together half & half, egg, and vanilla extract. Add to flour mixture and pulse until just combined. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface then gently knead 4 or 5 times to bring the dough together and reduce stickiness. Roll dough into a long rectangle about 1/4? thick then evenly distribute the raspberries over half the dough. Fold in half the long way, pinch the edges together, then trim any uneven ends to make an even rectangle.
- Using a sharp knife, or pizza cutter, cut the rectangle into even squares, then cut the squares at a diagonal to create the triangle scones. Transfer to prepared baking sheet then bake for 6-7 minutes, or until edges are just barely golden brown.
- Remove scones to a cooling rack and cool completely. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, genltly whisk together glaze ingredients. Dip cooled scones in glaze then place back onto cooling rack to harden completely. Enjoy!
Enjoy these scones with my pumpkin spice latte, or a delicious green, or berry smoothie!