Enjoy easy soup recipes like this Herby Tomato Soup thanks to BelGioioso and TheFeedFeed. Thank you for supporting the sponsors that support A Simple Pantry!
It may still be ridiculously hot outside, but you know I am dreaming of fall already.
So of course I am breaking out an easy tomato soup recipe, healthy or a little indulgent, you decide.
What’s In Tomato Soup, Anyway?
Tomato soup is definitely more than just tomatoes. If that’s all I wanted, I’d go grab one off the vine and take a bite!
Thankfully, it doesn’t take much more effort to create an easy soup recipe with amazing flavor.
- Bring out the robust flavor of your tomatoes with a splash of red wine vinegar!
- A couple tablespoons of butter imparts a velvety, rich texture.
- Finish with BelGioioso Burrata for a decadent dish you’ll never forget!
If you’re a fan of creamier soups, you need some BelGioioso in your life.
Started by Errico Auricchio and his family in 1979 after moving to America, BelGioioso is steadfast in its commitment to tradition and excellence in crafting Italian cheeses.
This commitment couldn’t be any more evident in how amazing their burrata is.
I swear, BelGioioso Burrata is heavenly in taste and texture. Little balls of joy may be more accurate; something I’ve said on more than one occasion, ha!
And since it pairs perfectly with this herby tomato soup, it’s a bit of no-brainer.
Tips & Tricks
There are so many ways to make this soup. So many.
It’s almost kind of crazy, really.
And while I would never skip the sweet yellow onion or Burrata, there are a few things you can swap if you want to have fun with this recipe:
- Use roasted red bell peppers instead of carrots
- Skip the bacon and use more butter
- Skip both and use olive oil
- Add more herbs, or concentrate a single variety like thyme
In addition, since the whole thing ends up in the blender, prep is a cinch! You don’t have to dice onion into tiny pieces, or perfectly slice the carrots. Even the herbs can be tossed in without fuss, though I do recommend at least bashing them a few times to help release their oils before cooking.
Better flavor is always important.
But never, ever, ever skip the BelGioioso Burrata!
Herby Tomato Soup
- 5 slices bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 medium sweet yellow onion diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (28 oz) peeled, whole tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 8 oz BelGioioso Burrata
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the bacon and cook until crispy, around 10 minutes. Add the butter and melt down, then add the fresh herbs and garlic. Stir gently for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly cooked and fragrant. Add the carrots and onion and continue cooking on medium heat until softened, around 10 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and stir continuously for 2-3 minutes, or until the paste darkens and has coated everything. Stir in the flour, then add the chicken broth and tomatoes, gently smashing the tomatoes into the soup with a wooden spoon or potato smasher. Stir in the red wine vinegar, then bring the pot to a full boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Working in batches, add the soup mixture to a blender* and pulse until smooth. Divide between four bowls, then add 2 oz BelGioioso Burrata to each bowl and serve.
Share your photo and tag @asimplepantry or #asimplepantry!
Leave a Review