This amazingly flavorful quinoa hummus protein power bowl could not have come at a better time. With my love for a hummus recipe easy enough to whip together in minutes, today is my, and YOUR, lucky day!
OK, so seriously, we have a blizzard warning and are about to get pounded with over a foot (maybe even 1.5 feet zomg) of snow and howling winds and I am crazy excited. But since I know I am going to be housebound tomorrow, I had a lot to do today.
Enter, the easiest hummus recipe around.
I threw this thing together in literal minutes, because it contains so many things that I already have in abundance around the house.
- Hardboiled Eggs
- Cooked Quinoa
- Stuff For a Simple Dressing
At the beginning of the week, I always prep a bunch of easy things, like quinoa and rice, hardboiled eggs, and roasted veggies. That way I can just pack them up, pop them in the fridge, and pull them out when I need them.
If you aren’t already doing that, you should. It is a literal life-saver.
The fun thing about this protein power bowl is that you could essentially put whatever you want in it and it would still taste fan-freaking-tastic.
Got some avocado? YES. Zucchini? YES. Roasted sweet potato? Oh HELLO DELICIOUS.
You could even swap out the chickpeas for kidney or cannellini beans. Easy peasy.
I threw together some dressing in one of these adorable tulip jars that I used for the panna cotta, then drizzled it all over my power bowl and just devoured it. Because I have stuff to do, like right meow.
So if you’re a fan of a hummus recipe easy enough to throw together in a bowl and go, then you know I have you covered.
If you have more time on your hands, be sure to try out my winter hummus bowl, which I am certain you will love just as much as this one!
Flavorful Quinoa Hummus Protein Power Bowl
For the Power Bowl
- 1/2 C Cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 C Canned Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 C Sprouts
- 1 Hard-boiled Egg, sliced
- 1/3 C Hummus
- 1 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Dressing
- Add dressing ingredients to a small container with a lid. Shake vigorously to combine, then set aside.
- In the bottom of a single-serving bowl, add the quinoa, followed by the chickpeas, tomatoes, sprouts, and hard-boiled egg. Spoon the hummus into the center, then sprinkle with sunflower seeds. Shake dressing, then drizzle over bowl. Serve immediately.