Summer has officially arrived, so let’s get outside and spend time with the family making delicious noms like this Maple Bacon English Muffin Breakfast Burger! Perfectly seasoned maple bacon pork patties are topped with runny fried eggs, crispy bacon, and salty-sweet caramelized onions, then sandwiched between toasted English muffins with two kinds of melty cheese. You’ve never had an English muffin breakfast burger so delicious, and with the amazing Cuisinart 360° Griddle Cooking Center, you’ll be making breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the daily outdoors!
For The Love of Griddles
I’ve always loved griddle cooking. From my time in restaurants to simple Sunday mornings, there is just something about a good griddle that makes food taste amazing. Having a griddle is one of the main reasons I selected the range I have in my house currently!
But, I needed and wanted something bigger, something that can handle cooking for more than two people, or having to spend endless time at the stovetop preparing small portions, leaving some people eating and some people waiting.
Hands up if you hate having to wait!
So, I am here to introduce you to my newest love, that not only covers all my pain points but gets the whole family outside cooking! Say HELLO! To the Cuisinart 360° Griddle Cooking Center!
Why Do I Need An Outdoor Griddle?
The obvious reason is that it’s so so fun, of course!
But truthfully, this is why I’m really obsessed with this cooktop:
- There are two heat zones for even cooking, so I can caramelize my onions at a low temp on one side and sear my patties on high on the other side at the same time!
- The 360° oversized grease pan means no matter what I’m cooking, I don’t have to worry about making a mess everywhere.
- The cooktop is made from cold-rolled steel and is easy to season before each cooking session! I personally recommend seasoning with flaxseed oil, which is a neutral oil with a high smoke point, perfect for this type of cooktop.
- A 22″ cooking surface allows ample space to cook for a few, or cook for many! I’ve managed to fit 16 burgers on it at one time, which was pretty epic, I think.
How can you go wrong with the Cuisinart 360° Griddle Cooking Center? It’s just not possible. I love this thing, and the great tools you can use with it. It really makes me feel like a pro at outdoor cooking, ha ha ha!
How Do I Make This Breakfast Burger?
Prepping this dish is fairly simple, really!
- Mix fresh ground pork with dijon mustard and Cuisinart Maple Bacon Seasoning and form into patties slightly wider than the English muffins.
- Cook the onions down with a little tab of butter and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add the bacon and the pork patties.
- Toast the English muffins, then top one side with smoked gouda and one side with sharp cheddar and let melt.
- Crack some eggs.
- Put it all together.
- Dive in!
With the two heat zones on the griddle, you can cook everything to finish at the same time so nothing is getting cold on me, and no one is having to wait for maple bacon deliciousness!
Can I Use Pork Sausage Instead of Ground Pork?
When you think of breakfast pork, pork sausage is usually the first thing to come to mind. Pork sausage, in all of its forms and flavors, isn’t the best choice for this recipe, however.
- Pork sausage comes pre-seasoned in a variety of ways, and while delicious, doesn’t provide the right flavor profile.
- Ground pork is just as inexpensive and allows you to season it as you’d like for maximum flavor.
So I would steer clear of pork sausage and just pick up regular ol’ ground pork. You can usually find it fresh at the meat counter, which is my fave.
Maple Bacon English Muffin Breakfast Burger
It’s time, friends! Head outside and get cookin’ with the Cuisinart 360° Griddle Cooking Center and make some amazing Maple Bacon English Muffin Breakfast Burgers! Featuring maple bacon pork patties, crispy bacon, runny fried eggs, salty-sweet caramelized onions and toasted English muffins with two kinds of melty cheese, you can enjoy these delicious eats for breakfast, lunch and dinner! With National Egg Day coming up on June 3rd, this recipe will be the perfect meal to whip up for family and friends alike!
If you like this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating!
You May Also Like…
Maple Bacon English Muffin Breakfast Burger
- 1 lb fresh ground pork
- 2 tablespoons Cuisinart Maple Bacon Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- sea salt to taste
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 sweet yellow onion cut into strips
- 8 strips bacon
- 4 English muffins
- 4 slices smoked gouda
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4 eggs
- Prepare Cuisinart 360° Griddle Cooking Center by seasoning the cooktop, then turn one side to low and the other to medium.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, maple bacon seasoning, and dijon mustard. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and form into 4 equal-sized patties slightly wider than the English muffins.
- Melt the butter on the low-temp side of the griddle and add the onions. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and allow to cook until caramelized, stirring every few minutes, around 15 minutes.
- After the onions have cooked for 5 minutes, add the pork patties to the hotter side of the griddle and allow to cook for 10 minutes, or until heated through, flipping the patties after 5 minutes.
- After the patties have cooked for 2-3 minutes, add the bacon to the same side of the griddle as the patties and cook until crispy, around 6 minutes. Transfer to the low-temp side of the griddle to keep warm if needed.
- Place English muffins cut-side down on the hotter side of the griddle and toast for 2 minutes. Flip over and transfer to the cooler side and top them with the cheese, putting the gouda on the bottom buns and cheddar on the top buns. Let melt.
- With 3 minutes remaining on the onions and patties, crack the eggs onto the hotter side of the griddle and let fry until the whites have set. Assemble the burgers by placing a pork patty on the bottom bun, followed by the the egg. Add two slices of bacon per burger, then add a heaping portion of caramelized onion and add the top bun. Enjoy immediately.