No need to heat up the house when you make this Maple Tahini Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe out on the Cuisinart Twin Oaks Pellet & Gas Grill! Perfect for the holidays, this roasted acorn squash takes a traditional recipe and gives it a fresh twist with nutty, earthy tahini, salty feta, and tart-sweet pomegranate arils. Wow the crowd with this flavorful side dish that comes together in minutes!
Why Choose Acorn Squash
- Acorn squash is more fibrous than butternut varieties, making it great for roasting.
- It has a more mellow taste, allowing it to pick up other flavors without overwhelming them.
- The skin is edible!
What Do I Need To Make This Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe?
This is such a simple recipe, it’s perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas!
- Whole acorn squash
- Real maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
Boom, that’s it!
How To Roast Acorn Squash
- Preheat the gas side of the Cuisinart Twin Oaks Pellet & Gas Grill to medium (or between 450-500 degrees).
- Cut ends from squash, then halve from top to bottom, scoop out seeds, and slice into thin moons.
- Whisk together the marinade, then toss squash to coat.
- Arrange squash into a single layer, then roast until soft and caramelized, flipping the squash slices halfway through.
How To Serve This Side Dish
Once the squash is roasted, place on a platter and drizzle with extra marinade, then sprinkle with crumbled feta, pomegranate arils, and fresh parsley.
You’ll want to cook and serve this dish immediately, I promise!
Maple Tahini Roasted Acorn Squash Recipe
- 2 whole acorn squash
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- ⅔ cup feta
- ½ cup pomegranate arils
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat the gas side of the Cuisinart Twin Oaks Pellet & Gas Grill to medium (around 450-500 degrees). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut off both ends of the acorn squash, then halve from top to bottom. Scoop out the seeds, then slice each half into ¾-inch slices. Add slices to a large bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, tahini, and cayenne pepper. Season with sea salt and pepper, to taste, then add half of the marinade to the bowl with the acorn squash slices and toss to coat. Place squash slices on the waiting baking sheet in a single layer and roast on the grill for 15 minutes, or until tender, flipping the slices halfway through.
- Remove squash from the grill, transfer to a platter, and drizzle with the remaining marinade. Sprinkle with the feta cheese, pomegranate arils, and fresh parsley and serve immediately.
Share your photo and tag @asimplepantry or #asimplepantry!
I went dairy free without the feta but its a very good and bright recipe!