Oh you guys, do I ever have something deliciously fun to share today. MUESLI. Say it with me: meeeeeewwwww-sssssss-leeeeeee.
OK, so for pretty much ever, I didn’t even really know what muesli was. It’s sad, I know. I thought it was some mystery grain that I was certain I wouldn’t like, but really, it’s just uncooked oats mixed with all sorts of nuts and seeds and berries. It’s essentially awesome and I was missing out. The whole time. Sad. But you know what isn’t sad? These Muesli Blueberry Muffins!
These delicious breakfast nuggets of awesome are packed with Nature Valley™ Toasted Oats Muesli-Blueberry, as well as fresh blueberries and Greek yogurt, for a super healthy, yet super soft and flavorful muffin that will make your mornings so totally worth it.
Especially if you aren’t a morning person, like me. Ew mornings.
The batter for these muffins comes together in just a couple minutes, mixing the dry ingredients together, then adding the wet, then stir to combine. Boom. DO NOT OVERMIX. That is so so important. Only mix until everything is wet, then stop immediately. Stop. Don’t do it, I know you want to, just don’t. If you overmix these muesli blueberry muffins, you will end up with dense hockey pucks and that will be gross.
The batter is packed with Nature Valley Toasted Oats Muesli, plus I mixed some extra with a bit of honey to top them all before baking, for an extra crunchy and delicious topping! I think you are going to go nuts for these muesli blueberry muffins, so you should probably go make them now. Yup!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease the cups of a muffin tin, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, nutmeg, and muesli. Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, eggs, and melted butter, then pour into the well in the dry ingredients. Stir gently to combine, then fold in the blueberries just until the batter is wet.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin tin, then top with the muesli and honey, pressing down gently to ensure it sticks.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.