It is a berry wonderland in my home, folks! Is it the same in your abode? It should be, if it isn’t, because it’s berry season and these ripe little nuggets of Heaven are just begging to be eaten, which is why I plopped a big ol’ pile of them in this Triple Berry Clafoutis!
A clafoutis is essentially a custard-type dish, and traditionally studded with big, sour cherries. Eaten as a dessert, it also makes a great breakfast dish, which is how I served it for my tribe of monster children, who gobbled it up like it was going out of style. Not that a triple berry clafoutis will ever go out of style!
In case you were wondering, clafoutis is pronounced claw-foo-tee. It’s French. Bonjour! The batter takes literally no time to prepare, and bakes with the quickness also, so you can be enjoying this delightfully delicious treat with the quickness!
Triple Berry Clafoutis
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 C Mixed Berries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
- 1/3 C All-purpose Flour
- 1/3 C Sugar
- Pinch of Salt
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 3/4 C Whole Milk
- 1/4 C Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 C Powdered Sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a deep dish pie plate with the butter, then add the berries and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Whisk in the eggs, then add the milk, cream, and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour the mixture gently into the pie plate over the berries, place in the oven, and bake for 25 minutes, or until the custard has puffed and is set, but still slightly jiggly in the middle.
- Allow to cool on a rack for 15 minutes, sprinkle with powdered sugar, then enjoy!