A fancy dinner doesn’t have to be time-consuming or hard, and with this One Pan Chicken Milanese Recipe, you get the best of both worlds! Crispy, lightly-fried chicken in Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil is topped with the freshest charred corn, tomato, and arugula salad for a dinner that satisfies and elevates flavor to a whole new level. Follow the tips below on how to give this recipe a healthier twist using Algae Oil, and how to make this dish truly a one pan chicken recipe you’re going to come back to for years to come.
Make A Better Meal
I adore making a dinner with simple swaps that result in a healthier dish without sacrificing flavor.
I’ve been playing around with Thrive Culinary Algae Oil and I just LOVE how neutral the flavor is, letting the flavors of my dishes shine through, and with such a high smoking point of up to 485 degrees, I’ve been able to master certain fried foods like this chicken Milanese recipe, because the oil doesn’t burn as easily as others! It can be used in place of any oil for baking, salad dressings, and all kinds of cooking.
Using Thrive instead of traditional cooking oils helps replace excess saturated fat with monounsaturated fat, which can help maintain heart health. This culinary algae oil contains 90% monounsaturated fat, which is 25% more good fat than olive oil and avocado oil!
What’s In This Chicken Milanese Recipe?
The chicken itself is super simple. Just dredge and fry in:
- seasoned flour
- whisked egg
- panko breadcrumbs
- Thrive® Culinary Algae Oil
You want to pound the chicken super thin. Even when you think it’s thin enough, pound it down some more. I promise you it’s worth it. You want that chicken crazy thin. Thinner than my pictures even!
How To Make The Charred Corn Salad
Put that end-of-summer produce to work in this dish!
- char corn kernels in a skillet before making the chicken
- toss with tomatoes, cilantro, and cotija cheese
- dress with vinaigrette
- add the arugula and toss once more
- pile on top of chicken and devour!
I also used the Algae Oil in the dressing to let the flavors of the salad itself be the star of the show. You know I am such a huge fan of charred corn lately, from my corn chimichurri tacos to my charred corn and avocado tostadas. Just noms galore when it comes to charred corn!
One Pan Chicken Milanese Recipe
Turn up the heat on dinner with this fantastic One Pan Chicken Milanese Recipe! All you need is one skillet and a few minutes and you’ll be serving the most delicious dinner you’ve ever had, featuring a light and refreshing charred corn, tomato, and arugula salad! Sprinkled with cilantro and cotija cheese, this dish delivers on flavor without making a mess and taking too much time. Whip up this dinner tonight!
You May Also Like…
One Pan Chicken Milanese Recipe
For The Salad
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, Thrive Algae Oil, salt and pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the corn kernels in a single layer. Allow to cook, untouched, until charred, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, cilantro, and cotjia cheese and toss with the vinaigrette and set aside to marinate.
- Place flour on a plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add whisked eggs to a shallow bowl, and place the panko on another plate. Dredge thin chicken breast filets in flour and tap off excess, then dip in the whisked egg and let excess drip off. Finally, dredge in panko breadcrumbs until coated. Repeat with remaining chicken filets.
- Heat Thrive Algae Oil in the same skillet the corn was charred in, over medium heat. Once hot, add the prepared chicken fillets and let fry until browned and crispy, about 4 minutes per side. Set aside on a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Add the arugula to the bowl with the marinating corn mixture and toss to combine. Add a chicken filet to a plate, then top with a heaping portion of the charred corn, tomato, and arugula salad. Serve immediately and enjoy!