Getting back on track in the new year is a common goal, so you’ve come to the right place for quick meals, because who really wants to struggle with cooking just to make a more nutritious meal?
This bruschetta chicken with balsamic glaze is so flavorful and so simple, you’ll wonder why you’ve not been making it all along.
That’s OK, I forgive you. Sometimes I forget about it as well, because I swear chicken can sometimes be so bland and boring you’d rather eat anything else. Like that potato chip you found on the floor behind the couch.
How did that even get there?
When it comes to quick meals chicken can easily be king. I made this meal in one pan in under 30 minutes.
I used my favorite Italian seasoning mix, which is unlike most others because it packs a flavorful punch of paprika and a little bite with onion and pepper.
I didn’t want those flavors lost in a sea of pungent oil, so I grabbed some Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread and it did not disappoint!
I adore Brummel & Brown Organic because of its pure, sweet, creamy taste, and the fact that it’s made with real organic yogurt and organic, plant-based oils.
We’re really kicking off the new year with a bang.
The light flavor of Brummel & Brown Organic let my seasonings shine through, while still imparting a boost of juicy moisture, for a chicken dish that could never be called dry.
I topped my bruschetta chicken with some whole milk mozzarella, a sprinkle of feta, and a hearty drizzle of balsamic glaze. You can grab some from the store, or make some yourself with this recipe.
Either way, you’re in for deliciously wholesome and quick meals this year. So let’s get cooking!
- 2 chicken breasts cut in half
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 4 slices whole-milk mozzarella
- 1 ½ cups diced roma tomatoes
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup balsamic glaze divided
- Pat dry the chicken breasts, then generously rub with the Italian seasoning and salt.
- In a large cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt the Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Yogurt Spread with the garlic. Add the chicken breast and cook until the bottom is browned, around 5 minutes. Flip the chicken, reduce heat to medium-low, and top each breast with a slice of mozzarella. Continue cooking for an additional 10 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the breast reads 165 degrees. Remove pan from heat and let sit for five minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the tomatoes, red onion, basil, and feta. Top each chicken breast with a heaping portion of the bruschetta, then drizzle with the balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.